This employee is responsible for the transportation of materials to and from all GMT facilities, GMT customers’ and suppliers’ locations and other miscellaneous material movements by performing the following duties.
II. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Accomplishing the movement of materials in a safe and efficient manner. This includes securing loads and verifying proper packaging of materials to prevent damage in transit.
• Performing daily Safety Checks on the truck/s and monitoring vehicle maintenance of tires, oil changes, etc. Maintains accurate paper work on trucks as required by government regulations.
• Assists with material handling duties of packaging or loading and unloading of trucks when necessary.
• Keeps trucks clean to assure a positive GMT image.
• Maintains a current CDL for legal operation of trucks.
The job skills required for Truck Driver include Transportation, Material Handling etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Truck Driver. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Truck Driver. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.