This position supports the Engineering Team at the GMRE HQ (South Ogden, UT). The Airworthiness Engineer will develop basis of certification, determine methods of compliance, and compliance verification documentation for military AW certification of air systems.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieve customer airworthiness compliance (MIL-HDBK-516C and NAVAIR Instruction 13034.1F) into system solutions to meet program objectives (e.g. flight clearances, type certification, continued airworthiness, and operational or airspace integration).
- Ensure active compliance with the airworthiness processes of the Department of Defense and Federal Aviation Administration airworthiness authorities.
- Work closely with customer airworthiness authorities and functional engineering departments to troubleshoot conflicting design/development requirements, coordinate test and analysis activities, and address other special airworthiness concerns.
- Authors technical documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
- Support designs from conception through customer acceptance
- Participate in peer reviews of all engineering deliverables
- Provide Systems Engineering support to other company elements as required
WHY WORK FOR GMRE?
GMRE is a small veteran owned company who cares about each employee. We offer health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), vacation, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, and life insurance to all permanent full-time employees. GMRE is a trusted and reliable partner with our government and industry customers, known for performance and integrity, and focused on providing competent and cost-effective capabilities to our clients. GMRE has a deep commitment to our core values about our work, family, achievements, and community.
GMRE is an equal opportunity employer. GMRE complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
- Design and/or Systems Engineering experience in one or more of the following areas: Flight Technology, Air Vehicle Subsystems, Avionics, Mission Payload Integration, System Safety, Software, Diagnostic Systems, Flight Test
- Military aircraft development or modification experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 or more years of engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience in manned or unmanned aircraft systems with technical airworthiness planning and verification support including development and negotiation of airworthiness plans, basis of certifications, means of compliance, and certification activities.
- Familiarity with MIL-HDBK-516B Expanded and -516C
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET clearance
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times
- Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position for meetings, installations, trainings, and/or site visits