Join our Central Florida Team in Orlando on projects in industries such as healthcare, multi-family,/high-rise, education, and more!
The Senior Project Engineer assists the Project Manager in establishing, distributing, routing plans and ensuring all information is being distributed properly both internally and externally.
- Manage RFI process
- Prepare front end documents
- Expedite material deliveries
- Estimate and process change orders
- Prepare monthly pay request and prepare shop drawings
- Establish and manage schedule, cost and control procedures
- Become familiar with contracts, general conditions and flow down language
- Perform constructability and coordination reviews
- Write scopes of work for all bid packages; assist with bid openings and bid tabulations
- Negotiate changes with trades and owners; manage same process
- Assume responsibility for jobsite safety
- Provide job site orientation
- Facilitate project meetings
- Communicate Effectively - Listen to understand and clearly convey information in all forms based on the audience to ensure shared meaning of the message
- Act Inclusively - Ensure that actions and behaviors are respectful; show empathy and treat others with dignity. Leverage capabilities and insights of individuals with diverse perspectives, abilities and motivation.
- Solve Problems - Identify, prioritize and implement alternatives for a solution.
- Demonstrate Agility/ Adaptability - Maintain effectiveness and adjust to change by exploring the rationale, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful. Create an atmosphere of open-mindedness to change.
- Drive for Results - Show passion and commitment while delivering on business outcomes. Create a sense of individual ownership and accountability.
- Champion Innovation - Identify opportunities for new and improved ways of doing things that result in value added, unique and differentiated solutions.
- BS OR MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 8 or more years with CM/General Contractor Organization working on large ($70-$120 mm) construction project
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Financial Management familiarity
- OSHA 10-Hour Certified
- MEP Knowledge
- Understanding of Contract Document & Specifications
- Proficient in Procore
- Expertise in CMiC preferred
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.