The Project Executive is the on-site representative of the Company responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome of a single complex construction-management project; as well as mentoring multiple Project Managers and Engineers.
- Direct and supervise work of project administration, project superintendents, and engineers to establish operational priorities and maintain satisfactory relationships with owners, subcontractors, unions, etc.
- Enforce project reporting requirements
- Manage critical issues
- Assume overall accountability for jobsite safety and quality
- Leverage Business Insights – Understand and act on industry trends, local market and economic conditions and our business model to make decisions and create competitive advantage.
- Deploy a Strategic Mindset - Take a broad, global perspective when considering proactive solutions to long-term opportunities and risks that might develop in the future.
- Display Emotional Intelligence - Demonstrate the capacity to recognize feelings and patterns of behavior and those of others. Manage emotions effectively in ourselves and our relationships.
- Build High Performing Teams - Attract, select, develop, recognize, and retain talented individuals. Utilize motivation and discipline to maximize performance and impact on the organization.
- Drive Team Accountability - Determine priorities and delegate work; monitor and communicate progress. Establish measures to assess the impact, quality and timeliness of results; praise success and learn from mistakes.
- Coach and Develop Others - Provide feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities. Plan for and support development of individual skills and abilities.
- BS OR MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 20 years in the lead role on advanced electronic or commercial projects valued at $300 million or larger
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong technical and communication skills are critical
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Leadership and management skills
- Knowledge of Procore, Microsoft Office (preferred)
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.