For over 25 years, G&A Partners has been helping entrepreneurs grow their businesses, take better care of their employees, and enjoy a higher quality of life by providing proven HR solutions and technology. G&A Partners' client is currently seeking a Physical Therapist to join its team in Dallas,Texas.
Provides evaluation, treatment and training in the areas of ambulation, balance, mobility and therapeutic exercise. Treatment activities range from bed mobility, transfer training, household mobility, balance training, gait training, manual therapy, community re-integration to exploration of recreational activities and community activities that fulfill physical therapy treatment objectives. May perform home and durable medical equipment assessments and assist patients with transition to home and community activities.
- Performs evaluation of patient’s mobility status and develops appropriate intervention strategies.
- Devises treatment plan utilizing assessment information.
- Collaborates with patient, family/caregiver, case manager and interdisciplinary team to develop appropriate goals for each individual patient.
- Implements treatment plan, monitors and documents patient response to interventions.
- Implements treatment in the following areas: bed mobility, transfer training, gait training, neuromuscular re-education, sensory re-education, tone/spasticity management, balance/vestibular training, manual therapy, aquatic therapy, wheelchair mobility, community mobility/transportation, community re-integration, patient education and caregiver/family training.
- Provides practical training in cardiovascular testing, therapeutic exercise, individual fitness programs, use of exercise equipment and aquatic programs when appropriate.
- Provides resources and recommendations for appropriate adaptive equipment.
- Provides practical training in higher order community integration activities and involvement in sports as appropriate.
- Participates in discharge planning and transition into the community when appropriate.
- Performs home assessments and provides written recommendations to patient, family/caregiver, case manager and treatment team.
- Provides education and training for the patient, family and payer as requested by the case manager and/or clinical director.
- Effectively communicates patient information formally and informally to the Case Manager, Clinical Director, other team members, families and payers.
- Maintains patient, family, physician and payer satisfaction with the individualized physical therapy treatment plan.
- Effectively engages patients and families in developing treatment goals, considering their perceptions of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Participates in staff training and program development in areas related to physical therapy.
- Provide supervision for physical therapy assistants as required by state practice act and rules.
- Provides formal / informal staff instruction in physical therapy related areas.
- Develops and implements creative, goal directed programs for individual physical activity programs.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Participates in staff training and program development in areas related to physical therapy as requested by the Clinical Director or Program Director.
- Minimum - Bachelor’s degree in physical therapy.
- Registered and licensed, where appropriate.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Relevant experience.
- Abilities necessary for transport, transfers/gait training and management of equipment.
- Utilizes a functional approach to the remediation of neurological deficits.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Agrees to mission, objectives and methodologies of the program and Learning Services.