Under administrative direction, the IT Manager plans, directs, organizes, and controls activities related to the operational function of information systems, storage, networking, assigned staff and vendors to ensure quality service and provide network security. Responsible to uphold and abide by Frontwave’s core values and service expectations.
About Frontwave Credit Union:
Frontwave Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving San Diego, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties. Founded in 1952, we have grown to 14 branches with 120,000 members and manage over a billion in assets. At Frontwave Credit Union, we are focused on creating consumer solutions to provide our members and the communities we serve with products and services that enhance the quality of life for our members through exceptional service and the progressive application of technology.
What’s In It For You:
Competitive pay, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts.
9-27 days of PTO per year (based on tenure) and 10 paid holidays.
Affordable medical, dental, vision health plans, and Flexible Spending Account.
Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services.
Career development, training, and coaching, mentoring; tuition reimbursement up to $4,000/year.
Culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
We strive to be the best place you’ve ever worked!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following non-inclusive list. Other duties may be assigned. All duties are to be performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and Credit Union policies and procedures.
GUIDES, DIRECTS, AND MANAGES INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS:
- Implements Credit Union policies/procedures for the department.
- Formulates recommendations concerning department procedures and controls.
- Ensures compliance of security procedures and policies.
- Compiles and analyzes operating reports for executive management.
- Approves transactions within approval limits for staff.
- Monitors work volume to maintain high level of productivity.
- Ensures adequate coverage of personnel during peak hours.
- Conveys and instills a high level of quality member service to staff.
- Performs and carries out the duties of all department positions on an as needed basis.
- Ensures proper working condition of office equipment and contacts designated person for maintenance and repair.
RESPONSIBLE FOR THE EMPLOYMENT, COACHING, EVALUATION, TRAINING, MOTIVATION AND DISCIPLINE OF ASSIGNED PERSONNEL:
- Supervises staff in accordance with credit union policies and applicable laws.
- Schedules, prepares, and conducts employment interviews and recommendations personnel for hire following standard hiring procedures. May be responsible for applicant pre-screening process.
- Ensures that performance evaluations are prepared and presented to the employee in a timely manner.
- Monitors, maintains, and documents accurate records for hours worked, overtime hours, and time off.
- Reviews, approves, and submits time sheets biweekly for payroll processing.
- Plans and conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Organizes, prepares, and conducts training sessions on credit union policies and procedures.
- Motivates staff using incentives, themes, and promotional methods.
- Coaches, counsels, and disciplines staff through verbal or written communication.
- Assigns duties and organizes cross-training of jobs.
- Acts as a liaison with staff members to resolve conflicts.
PERFORMS SPECIALIZED DUTIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEPARTMENT:
- Responsible for the continuous availability, capacity planning, and stable operation of the Frontwave LAN/WAN network and all network connected servers, routers, switches, gateways, firewalls, PCs and printers.
- Responsible for the system administration of all network access to the Frontwave LAN/WAN network.
- Responsible for network security, timely updates of software and firmware patches and service packs.
- Directly supervises IT Help Desk which provides direct support to Credit Union staff through software and hardware support requests.
- Responsible for and oversees the planning, installation, control, and monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance of all network servers, VM Infrastructure, storage, personal computers and printers within the organization.
- Plans, coordinates and installs new network equipment required for new or modified branches including all phone switches, patch panels, wiring and cabling, , routers, servers, PCs, printers, phone systems, FAX machines and any equipment that is network connected through both physical and wireless connections.
- Supports Azure environment including networking, VPN, firewall and compliance.
- Establishes and maintains credit union standards in supported PC software and hardware.
- Establishes standard desk top software and hardware configurations and maintain configuration control of all 3rd party PC, server and network software.
- Assists department supervisors/managers (outside of IT) with their IT planning and knowledge.
- Ensures (and/or develops) IT standards and procedures that are understood and embraced by the Information Technology staff.
- Develops vendor relationships for network related service providers including phone, cabling and network outsourcing companies.
- Responsible for maintaining the network disaster recovery plan support procedures for all credit union technology.
- Analyzes new technology and makes recommendations for further research, budgeting and/or implementation.
- Assists in the development of the department budget and strategic planning.Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements for data security through awareness, monitoring and reporting.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in computer-related field.
Three to five years of experience in LAN/WAN implementation, hands-on experience with modern operating systems and applications.
Must have full knowledge of VMWare, Enterprise Storage Units, Network support, including digital data and voice telephone technology, routers, switches, servers, gateways, and firewalls as well as familiarity of wireless technologies, Azure, and security. Additional understanding and practical knowledge in WAN technologies and topologies is recommended. Requires 3 years’ experience as supervisor or manager of an IT-related department.
Service Excellence Standards
When joining Frontwave Credit Union, you can expect to be a part of a workforce committed to the following Service Excellence standards: • We see it. We own it. We get it done. • We ignite positive experiences. • We do things right every time. • We are collaborators - united, cohesive and engaged • We innovate and evolve. • We create memorable experiences for life. • We starts with me.