Experience in handling large transaction volumes including weekly reconciliations
Research, resolve and respond to internal and external inquiries in a timely manner
Research vendor discrepancies and effectively communicate with vendors
Identifying control lapses and implement procedures to rectify any detected operational weaknesses
Coordinating with other groups on standardizing polices & procedures and ensuring consistency in their application
Special projects, where applicable
Make recommendations regarding improvements for quality and increased efficiency, productivity, and standard work
· Strong customer focus
· Follow up with AR collections
· Applying AR/Cash receipts
· Verifying vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, professional interpersonal skills
· Detail-oriented, extremely organized and thorough in work, with the ability to work well under pressure
· Team player that is highly motivated
· Possess good problem-solving abilities, a strong sense of internal control and a keen eye for details and process improvements
· Advanced in Excel
· Experience with Power BI, power point.
· Familiarity working with Ocean Carriers and Agents
· Cargowise and Freight Forwarding Experience is a plus!
The job skills required for Staff Accountant include Problem Solving, Internal control, detail oriented, Communicates Effectively, Verbal Communication, Process Improvement etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Staff Accountant. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Staff Accountant. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Staff Accountant, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Staff Accountant for your reference.