Foxhall is a celebrated estate on 1,100 acres of sprawling Georgia countryside. As a year-round playground of luxe lodging, refined cuisine, and outdoor adventures, Foxhall offers a variety of career opportunities whether you are looking for a seasonal position or a hospitality career, our friendly team is ready to welcome you to the family. You can be part of a passionate team that has fun, works hard, and loves one another. When you join the HEI family, you also get the benefit of the HEI Loves culture. HEI Loves is dedicated to celebrating our associates by offering the most competitive compensation, benefits, and PTO programs. Our associates are also eligible to take advantage of everything from health and wellness packages and robust retirement plans to travel perks, product and service discounts, and much more. Don't meet every single requirement of this job? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At HEI we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to still send in your information. You may be the perfect candidate for this or for other roles within our organization! We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.
Manage catering accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded. Responsible for soliciting new catering sales accounts, entertaining, and maintaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals in food, beverage and room rental segments.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Understanding of both monthly forecasting and the annual budget process, as well as pace and productivity.
- Understanding of yield management skills and the use of historical data.
- Experience evaluating every catering business opportunity to maximize revenue and profitability while achieving customer expectations.
- Participate in the research the competition’s products, services and pricing and use it to develop strategic business plans.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel to previous, current and potential clients, including room rental, A/V and other revenue generation opportunities.
- Experience selling to a variety of market segments.
- Consistently book repeat business by having a track record of long term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE, MPI). Actively participate in community/civic activities to maintain awareness within community and to create booking opportunities.
- Knowledge of sales techniques including closing skills as well as negotiating skills.
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client presentations.
- Participate in trade shows and sales blitzes.
- Some experience utilizing creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event execution, ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of operations of catering events sold. Detailed execution of all banquet event orders generated by the associate.
- Experience providing A/V equipment and operating A/V as a profit center.
- Effective use and teaching of computers, specifically Delphi, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of market trends, competition and key hotel customers.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in the field of hospitality with specific experience in catering sales is essential.
- 1 year in catering sales required.
- Must have experience at a similar size and quality hotel.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
- Knowledge of hotel features, benefits, and competing hotels within the market.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical and Dental programs through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield as well as Vision insurance programs through EyeMed. Our Vacation, Sick and Holiday programs are available for you to rejuvenate with time off. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. Specific details and eligibility of these programs vary by location and employment status.
Work today, get paid today! We proudly partner with DailyPay, a voluntary benefit that allows our associates access to their earnings when they want them.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.