Sales & MarketingLocation
Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal, Avenida Diagonal 161-163, Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain VIEW ON MAPSchedule
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Amrey Promocions Inmobiliaries. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The purpose of the group and sales manager is to find and materialize business for the hotel in terms of rooms, banquets and groups with rooms. The position is of vital importance for the hotel since this segment has an important weight in the hotel's results. The team divides its focus by geographical areas to achieve a better connection with the market based on each profile. The process starts from the analysis of the market, goes through the price of services, negotiation, contracting to subsequently monitor the group's operations once at the hotel. We are looking for a sales-oriented, organized, decisive person. Previous experience in the sector will be positively valued, especially in Groups, sales and Revenue Management. All of this in a very positive atmosphere and in collaboration with the hotel's Revenue Director, Front Desk Manager and General Manager.
- Perform Site Inspections for group or event requests.
- Make prospecting calls to find new clients.
- Know our competition and keep the information updated.
- Contact with international companies, especially with markets in Germany and the United States.
- Analyze requests and control hotel inventory to detect opportunities.
- Response to quotes received by the department in a maximum of 24 hours, either by phone or e-mail.
- Update in the Opera system of all contacts, room groups or events.
- Work to achieve personal and hotel challenges, both in terms of quality and income.
- Liaise with other departments (eg Sales, Administration, Accounting, Marketing) as needed to resolve calls, requests, potential customers. Using sales techniques that maximize revenue and maintain the loyalty of Marriott guests.
- Promote awareness of the internal and external brand image.
- Promote the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program.
- Work in a new office, with natural light and ample workspace.
- Well-connected area, with metro, bus,
- Pleasant atmosphere, in a young and dynamic team,
- Being part of a large company, consolidated in the market, in great expansion.
- Many opportunities for promotion within Marriott.
- Access to trainings and formations of Marriott.
- Schedule established from 9 to 17 from Monday to Friday with flexible hours and time for lunch included in the working day.
- Higher studies in tourism
- Languages: fluent English, fluent Spanish and preference for fluent German.
- Systems: Office package and knowledge of Opera and Outlook will be valued
- Work experience: 2 -3 years
This company is an equal opportunity employer.