Thank you for your interest in Florida Vision. This position is being published in an effort to build our candidate pipeline for our upcoming opportunities. If an opportunity opens that matches your qualifications, we will reach out to you at that time. EyeCare Services Partners, our parent group, is creating the nation’s leading eye care services company in both quality and scale and we appreciate your interest in joining our team.
Florida Vision Institute is a nationally recognized leader in Ophthalmic and Optometric care with an excellent clinical support team, dynamic leadership and an unwavering commitment to customer service. We strive to make every interaction extraordinary, inspiring the complete confidence of our patients. Our employees contribute directly to the success of our practices and take pride in being a member the ESP Management team. We strongly believe that the manner in which our patients, customers and employees is as important as the quality of the services we provide.
The Optician will dispense and fit spectacles, contact lenses and other optical aides. They will advise patients on various types of lenses and spectacle frames, including advice on style, weight, and color.
- Consult with patients to select appropriate products based on the needs of the individual. Actively listen and question the patient regarding life style to aid in proper lens and frame selection
- Address any patient concerns with patience and a caring attitude. Point out the benefits of comfort, vision correction, savings and value to the patient Close the sale and thank the patient by name for their purchase
- Read and interpret eyeglass and contact lens prescriptions as written by the eye care providers, and follow all instructions accordingly
- Take time to assist in taking frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning. This will ensure a comfortable fit and good vision correction
- Utilize small handheld instruments as well as larger instruments and machines, including: pupilometer and lensometer
- Troubleshoot patient complaints; adjust or repair spectacles as needed
- Communicate with patients regarding their insurance benefits and pricing.
- Ensure complete patient confidentiality as established by the practice policies and HIPAA
- Coordinate with the clinical associates/doctors to ensure a clean hand-off from clinic to dispensary
- Work in cooperation with other dispensary associates to meet and exceed daily and monthly sales goals
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- ABO/Ncle Certification preferred
- Customer centric focus
- Previous experience with billing vision insurances
- Strongly prefer demonstrated sales experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work as a team player
- Excellent math skills that allow for precise work (basic algebraic equations and monetary calculations)
- Strong organization and problem solving skills
- Ability to make decisions using industry standards that can be checked with precise measurements of accuracy
In Turn We Will Provide:
- Benefits to full time team members that include comprehensive medical, dental and optical coverage, 401K and short term disability
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- Team oriented working environment where you are heard and respected
- Clear career ladder opportunities