Florida Vision Institute is a nationally recognized leader in Ophthalmic and Optometric care with an excellent clinical support team, dynamic leadership and an unwavering commitment to customer service. We strive to make every interaction extraordinary, inspiring the complete confidence of our patients. Our employees contribute directly to the success of our practices and take pride in being a member the ESP Management team. We strongly believe that the manner in which our patients, customers and employees is as important as the quality of the services we provide.
Insurance Authorization Specialist will be responsible for performing the job function of assisting the injection coordinator obtaining authorizations, scheduling appointment, scheduling injectable deliveries to the office and verifying insurances and retrieving referrals, in and out bound telephone calls as well as computer input. The majority of the verification and preauthorization will be online with individual payer websites via input of our providers seeing the patient for future appointments.
- Responsible for timely and accurate pre-registration and insurance verification. Accurately interprets managed care contracts. Provides assistance to staff level employees as necessary to ensure compliance with department policies and procedures.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Document benefits verification and pre-certification in current practice management software defined screens and or fields.
- Contact physician and/or insurance company to resolve issues regarding prior authorization or referral forms.
- Perform electronic eligibility confirmation when applicable and document results.
- Be able to calculate patient cost share and be prepared to collect or provide via phone or make payment arrangement per standards and guidelines.
- Contact patient via phone to confirm or obtain missing demographic information, quote/collect patient cost share, and instruct patient on where to present at time of appointment.
- Perform insurance verification and pre-certification follow up for prior day’s walk in admissions/registrations and account status changes by assigned facility per standards and guidelines.
- Collects sensitive patient data involving their medical condition, as well as pertinent demographic and insurance information.
- Gathers all required information when scheduling a patient with 1OO% accuracy.
- Minimum of a high school diploma.
- Must have the ability to establish confidence and trust with patients.
- Must have the ability to remain calm and professional under pressure or stress.
- Have the ability to provide excellent customer service, communication, telephone and grammar skills.
- Must have an empathetic and compassionate manner.
- Prefer one or more years experience working in a medical position where patient contact was required.
- Knowledge of insurance plans is helpful.
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to perform as part of a team as well as work independently.
- Outgoing friendly personality
- Muliti tasker
- Basic computer knowledge
- Professional deameanor
- Customer service oriented
In Turn We Will Provide:
- Benefits to full-time team members that include comprehensive medical, dental and optical coverage, 401k and short and long term disability
- Company paid life insurance
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- Team oriented working environment where you are heard and respected
- Clear career ladder opportunities