The Communications Specialist is responsible for creating content for various Group publications, website, blogs and other communications channels. This position is also responsible for supporting the organization’s social media platforms.
· Represent the Group through online networks
· Create content for Group/division communications such as e-newsletters, social media messages, blogs, business profiles, videos, and emails
· Work with social media manager to implement FGG’s social media strategy
· Monitor trends and encourage adoption of social media tools
· Implement social media campaigns
· Editorial planning, conduct interviews and produce Afterschool Download
· Write stories for In the Loop News, Inside Business
· Manage and promote the Chamber’s Speakers Bureau
· Assist with production of videos (scripting, production, etc.) for use on social media.
· Create and manage the Group’s Speakers Bureau
· Assist the CCO on monthly All-Staff meetings and PR events
· Assist Events team with the creation and execution of the Group/Division events
· Assist with photography and videography needs for Group/Division projects and events
· Perform other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or related field and/or 2-4 years of direct experience.
2. Strong writing skills with experience in journalistic style, speech writing.
3. Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills, strong organizational and project management skills; sound judgment, initiative, flexibility, and detail-oriented.
4. Intermediate knowledge and skill with technology, including but not limited to personal computers, desktop or electronic publishing systems, scanners, and other electronic communication equipment
5. Intermediate knowledge and skill with graphic design, page layout, and multimedia software
6. Intermediate knowledge and skill with interactive technologies of the Web
7. Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office and other related applications.
8. Ability to adhere to priorities, meet multiple deadlines and effectively present and explain complex information.
Starting Salary: $42,000.00
The job skills required for Communications Specialist include Social media, Initiative, Project Management, Marketing Communications, Planning,and Graphic Design etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Communications Specialist. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Communications Specialist. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Communications Specialist, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Communications Specialist for your reference.