You haven't searched anything yet.
Flexsys is a global supplier of rubber chemicals and solutions including insoluble sulfur, anti-degradants, and post vulcanization stabilizers. The company’s focus is on delivering better solutions for manufacturers of tires and other rubber products that enhance product performance, optimize production efficiency, and ensure supply chain success. As the largest manufacturer of tire-industry additives in the world, and a newly independent entity, Flexsys brings a track record of innovation, quality, specialized expertise, a highly collaborative approach, and a commitment to growth – working together with our customers as a valuable partner, helping to meet their critical objectives.
Flexsys has an immediate opening for a synthetic organic chemist in the Akron corporate headquarters. This position will support our business and innovation platforms providing synthetic expertise and productivity. The ideal candidate will have extensive laboratory experience in organic synthesis. This role will report to a Technology group leader.
Responsibilities will include:
· Synthesis of new molecules at the laboratory scale with skills including:
o Design of new molecules based on structure performance relationships
o Determination of preferred synthetic routes
o Development of synthetic methodologies
o Utilization of multiple-step synthesis processes
o Lab scale synthetic techniques
o Standard organic purification techniques including chromatography, distillation, and crystallization
o Analysis of reaction products and purity using typical analytical techniques
o Capturing information in a laboratory notebook
· Reporting results and proposing next steps to the project team and Technology management
· Communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders
· Working safely and promoting a safe work environment
· Interacting with internal customers to providing technical insight
· Developing relationships and collaborating effectively with internal subject matter experts
Desired Candidate should possess the following:
· PhD in organic chemistry or similar discipline required.
· 5 years of experience in organic synthesis
· Industrial experience is preferred
· Formal training in general and organic laboratory procedures.
· Expertise in analysis of organic molecules using tools including:
o Gas chromatography
o Liquid chromatography
o Mass spectrometry
· Experience using literature to determine practical synthetic pathways and applying learnings to the synthesis of new molecules
· Problem solving (math/science) skills and familiarity with statistical methods of analysis
· Initiative and the ability to work in a team setting. Clear and effective written and oral communication is essential
· General computer experience including relevant software knowledge
Ambulatory Healthcare Services
ANN ARBOR, MI
50 - 100
Ambulatory Healthcare Services
The job skills required for Synthetic Organic Chemist include Chemistry, Analysis, Chromatography, Problem Solving, Initiative, Innovation, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Synthetic Organic Chemist. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Synthetic Organic Chemist. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Synthetic Organic Chemist positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Synthetic Organic Chemist, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Biologist II that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Synthetic Organic Chemist. You can explore the career advancement for a Synthetic Organic Chemist below and select your interested title to get hiring information.