As Project Director, you will manage complex and mega projects to ensure project personnel, production schedule and external managing partners are in compliance with owner agreements and federal requirements.
What you will be doing
- Manages all aspects of the project, including construction, budget and cash management for a single assigned project to ensure compliance with the project contract and owner needs.
- Develops and manages the project schedule, pay estimates, project procedures, and equipment resources needed to complete accurate and timely project production. Works with external managing partnership and Joint Ventures (JVs) to develop one unified project plan, if applicable.
- Develops and manages the project organizational chart and Company and/or JV supporting staff assignments for each phase of production, ensuring the accurate and timely completion of project objectives.
- Provides technical insight to project pursuits and participates in bid interviews, as necessary. Assesses the initial project contract and works with owner to resolve specification, contract conflict and scheduling issues.
- Engages with all project stakeholders proactively, including managing partners, joint venture Executive Board, federal authorities such as Senators, Mayors or Commissioners, local landowners, business owners and regulatory bodies that will have influence over project success.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Coordinates with construction management team to identify project risk and negotiate change orders with owner to ensure efficient and effective project production.
- Oversees project and construction management to accurately update the project construction schedule and adjust for any change orders from the Owner.
- Presents monthly project reports to Flatiron Executive Leadership.
- Supports and promotes project safety by ensuring compliance with the project safety program, Flatiron safety procedures and owner safety policies. Reviews weekly safety reports and participates in monthly safety review meetings with project personnel.
- Oversees construction management decisions regarding staff and equipment needs, ensuring cost containment with subcontractors and equipment billing.
- Resolves dispute resolutions with the project owner in a timely and compliant manner. Engages Company legal counsel and Executive leadership, where necessary.
- Provides input on equipment procurement methods and contracts to ensure efficient and effective project production.
- Leads project closeout procedures, finalizing contract paperwork, obtaining retainages and working with management to resolve any project claims. Leads project debrief cycle to review all aspects of project work and completion.
- Maintains knowledge of Company's values and strategic plan.
What we are looking for
- 15 years’ experience in construction project management required.
- 10 years’ experience in managing personnel required.
- Experience working on Joint Venture (JV) construction projects required.
- Proven experience in bid-build, CMCG, design build and other alternative delivery projects required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Strong interpersonal skills proven to engage and retain positive working relationships.
- Strong proven skill to identify, track and manage project risk.
- Proven ability to efficiently and effectively manage multiple departments and direct reports to retain focus on one project completion goal and timeline.
- Proven ability to identify growth opportunities for project personnel and developed to coach and mentor project personnel.
- Proven ability to delegate task driven responsibilities to project personnel.
- Proven knowledge and ability to analyze and interpret financial documentation to identify and mitigate project risk.
- Effective delegation skills to drive efficient, accurate and profitable project completion.
- Strong internal branding and sales knowledge to constantly promote yourself and the Company brand.
Why work for us
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
About Flatiron Construction
What is Flatiron? Were more than a construction company. We are an organization of some 3,500 people with diverse backgrounds and varied expertise who share a singular focus on enhancing the well-being of people and communities. We bring together industry-leading engineers, highly skilled craft workers and other professionals to deliver innovative solutions to infrastructure challenges across the U.S. and Canada. Flatiron builds highways, bridges, airports, rail transit, dams, water facilities and underground projects that fuel local economies, improve safety and enhance efficiency. Flatiron e...ngineers harness the art and science of structural design to create solutions that are as beautiful as they are functional. Our craft employees and on-site leaders bring vital experience to each project to turn vision into reality. And our project leaders collaborate with project owners to deliver solutions that meet challenging criteriasafelywhile at the same time mitigating risk for all those involved. Beyond safely delivering outstanding projects, Flatiron people demonstrate a commitment to ongoing learning, sustainability, our clients and partners, and the communities where we live and work. We build careers. We hire and advance the best engineers, craft workers and other professionals in our industry. We transform infrastructure.
If you are interested in becoming a PROJECT DIRECTOR, you need to understand the job requirements and
the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will
also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a PROJECT DIRECTOR for your
Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on PROJECT DIRECTOR job description and responsibilities
A project director often manages multiple projects at the strategic level.
03/23/2022: Alamogordo, NM
The project director reviews regular progress reports and makes staffing, financial, or other adjustments to align the developing project with broader outcome goals.
04/01/2022: Reading, PA
The project director needs little direction and supervision from the executive team.
02/26/2022: Scranton, PA
The project director monitors project progress, oversees finance, and ensures project quality.
03/29/2022: Phoenix, AZ
Project directors manage risks to avoid delays or reputational damage.
02/11/2022: Indianapolis, IN
Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on PROJECT DIRECTOR jobs
Be as Detailed & Organized as Possible.
01/16/2022: Hartford, CT
Review and Learn From the Project.
03/28/2022: Memphis, TN
Be a Fearless Project director.
02/23/2022: Portland, OR
Start using the right project management software.
03/30/2022: Binghamton, NY
Take advantage of learning opportunities.
02/09/2022: Pascagoula, MS