About Flagship. At Flagship Biosciences, we are dedicated to improving the health of patients everywhere by pioneering the most advanced tissue image analysis, clinical support, and diagnostics services that help pharmaceutical companies develop the solutions to treat, manage, and cure the world’s most challenging medical conditions. Flagship develops its analytic and infrastructure technology in-house, providing truly unique capabilities not available anywhere else in the market. None of this can be done without a strong, talented team of people dedicated to moving medicines forward.
Our Cultural Values
- Smart and Hungry: We simplify complex problems. We are never satisfied and we love to learn.
- Find a Way: We find solutions for any problem. We must collaborate to win.
- Get the Right Stuff Done: The right strategy and execution to positively impact patients’ lives.
- Respect: Open communication, refer to the expert but respect equal say at the table.
Job Classification – Temp to Hire (Contract)
This position is responsible for accurately and promptly receiving clinical samples, performing data entry for specimen tracking, and maintaining storage of samples in the biorepository in a regulated environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Accession client samples using approved standard operating procedures.
- Assists in receipt, recording and verification of client samples.
- Receives, unpacks and inspects samples.
- Accessions client samples into appropriate databases and assigns unique computer-generated numbers to each specimen.
- Logs and maintains samples in LIMS freezer database.
- Responsible for maintaining specimen identification and integrity throughout all processes within sample management.
- Reviews sample management paperwork.
- Routes samples into the appropriate workflow and ensure downstream staff is alerted to sample availability.
- Responsible for maintaining proper documentation of proper specimen handling, labeling and preparation of worksheets.
- Must begin and complete all assignments with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to collaborate with others for problem solving.
- Assists in biorepository processes including sample storage, sample retrieval, and inventory.
- Assists in maintenance of equipment logs, maintenance logs, and calibration logs.
- Assists in investigating temperature monitoring system alarms and formally acknowledging alarms online.
- Assists in regular determination of temperature monitoring system functionality, including planned intermittent functionality checks during off-hours.
- Reviews all documentation for sample accessioning for compliance to internal SOP’s and ensures documentation accuracy. Confirms all clients agreed upon key data points are present.
- Reviews all data edits performed during sample accessioning for accuracy.
- Communicates with the appropriate Project Manager regarding any study-related issues that may affect turn-around-times and assists with study management as needed.
- Assists as needed in reviewing various types of documentation from other functional departments at Interpace Pharma Solutions for accuracy and completeness, including equipment logs, maintenance logs, calibration logs, purification paperwork, and laboratory inventory.
- Communicates directly with clients or clinical sites, as applicable, via reach-outs regarding any issues or discrepancies in sample receiving and accession data review.
- Compiles quality metrics related to performance in client reach-outs, sample resolutions, and other data/documentation.
- Works on assignments that are semi- routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Requires a minimum of a diploma in an Allied Health Field or an Associate’s Degree with a concentration in life sciences, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, or closely related field, or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of GCP/GCLP/CLIA/CAP preferred.
- Must have experience working with MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Access.
- Must be able to interpret and follow procedures that are given both in writing and verbally.
- Must be able to organize, multitask and demonstrate effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must have excellent eye hand coordination and the ability to work in a laboratory environment.
- Health (100% company-paid for employee only on the lowest base plan)
- Dental (100% company-paid for employee only)
- Vision (100% company-paid for employee only)
- Medical and dependent care FSA
- Company-paid STD & LTD
- Company-paid Basic Life & AD&D
- Voluntary life, AD&D, and accident insurance
- Generous PTO/Sick Leave & Flex PTO
- 8 company-paid holidays
- Paid-time off for bereavement, jury duty, voting
- 401k (match up to 4%)
- Employee assistance program
- Legal Shield & ID Shield
- Education assistance
- Professional development program