General Job Description Purpose:
The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with the position of Community Manager. It should also be noted that some responsibilities and duties might not be specifically addressed.
General Position Summary:
The Community Manager is fully accountable for ALL property operations. Leadership ability is a must, as the Community Manager is the leader of the on-site team. The purpose of the Community Manager is to effectively manage and coordinate activities and available resources in order to accomplish property / owner / company / objectives. These objectives will include maximizing occupancy and income levels, increasing property values, minimizing property operation expenses while maintaining a quality product. In addition, the Community Manager will train the assistant manager to assume all his or her duties in the event of the Community Manager’s absence.
- Regular and consistent onsite attendance is required to provide leadership to the team and support the community's residents, prospects and vendors.
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, ADA, Fair Credit Reporting Act, OSHA, EPA, and all other Federal, State and Local laws pertaining to Multi-Family Housing.
- Fully implement and enforce all policies and procedures as outlined in the Companies Policy and Procedures Manual and inform/train staff on any revisions in a timely manner.
- The Community Manager will assist in budget preparation as well as maintaining expenses within the budget guidelines.
- Ensure that all rents are collected and posted and deposited on a daily basis.
- Perform and schedule all evictions, utility cut off’s and enforce adherence to all lease rules and regulations by all residents.
- Assure that all vendors are on the approved vendor list and are compliant in Notivus.
- Ensure that scheduling of turnkey units and processing of accounts payable are timely and accurate.
- Hire, train, motivate and supervise all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals assigned to the property. This will include team building, training, annual reviews, approval of payroll and overtime. Constantly and consistently review all leasing performances and paperwork.
- The Community Manager is responsible for office operations, quality curb appeal, office and model cleanliness. Must promote adherence to the ABC’s of Leasing and First Communities TOP TEN MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS. It is the responsibility of the Community Manager to fill in as a Leasing Consultant or Assistant Community Manager performing those duties should the need arise.
- Conduct market surveys as required and create, implement marketing plans for ongoing success and high occupancy of community.
- Provide high level of customer service at all times to residents, resulting in decreased turnover and high resident retention. Oversee lease renewal program for maximum retention.
- Must maintain all records in a complete and organized manner as described throughout the Companies Policy & Procedures Manual and in full compliance with outside regulatory boards which may be applicable (EEOC, OSHA, EPA, HUD, etc.).
- Initiate and implement all policies and procedures while maintaining excellent staff and resident communication. The Community Manager must walk all rent readies as well as the property on a regular basis ensuring that it is well maintained. During these inspections, all liability and/or deficiencies should be reported to their Regional Manager immediately.
- Review and approve all leasing application files; enforce Community Qualifying Criteria in a fair and consistent manner for all leasing applicants.
- Oversee all accounting transactions. Manage cash accounts, pay vendors as directed by Regional Manager and owner, maintain accurate bookkeeping at all times.
- The Community Manager shall be responsible to respond to all emergency situations, preparing all necessary reporting and notifying the Regional Manager.
- Assist with any other duties as specifically requested by the Regional Manager and/or Executive Vice President.
- Flexibility with scheduling and coverage as required by site and Regional Manager.
Education, Knowledge, Skills
- Prefer a minimum of high school degree.
- Prior experience in property management or in a related industry is preferred.
- CAM,ARM designation preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills providing for effective communication with residents, employees, peers, vendors, owners, etc. and to assist in efficient operations.
- Bi-lingual abilities (written and verbal) may be required based on specific needs of property.
- Computer software experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, YARDI, and related is preferred.
- Basic understanding of Landlord/Tenant laws and application, familiarity with state specific Lease and Addendums, Fair Housing/ADA regulations and application, OSHA & EPA requirements for property management industry.
A portion of the typical workday is spent at his or her desk handling paperwork, computer transactions, correspondence, and employee or resident meetings. Remainder of job requires constant physical inspections and leasing demonstrations of community, walking up/downstairs and covering multi-terrain landscape of property. Local travel to bank, purchase office supplies, etc. requires operable personal vehicle and valid driver’s license. Out of state travel may be occasionally required.