As the Store Manager I or II, you will have a hands-on opportunity to develop supervisory experience and skills while managing the overall operations at a low or lower complexity store. You will learn how to drive success, gain expertise and a clear understanding of the business operations, and create and develop great teams. The Store Manager I and II roles are also required to perform all functions normally performed by a store team member. Also, as Store Managers you will have an opportunity to own your business in driving sales, modeling Purple Promise service and delivering operational excellence. These foundational experiences will provide the skills needed for a future career managing a store with higher volume and a larger team of direct reports.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Understand and model FedEx Office values to customers and team members
- Coach and teach your team and ensure they have the tools and information needed to support company goals and perform their jobs
- Regularly work with supervisor to take guidance and direction and create solutions for your business, complex customers, host partnerships and commercial sales in the execution of work for our key customers
- Ensure an exceptional store experience that engages and retains customers and team members and supports the FedEx brand experience
- Use FedEx Office tools and resources to select, train, develop, retain and performance manage your direct reports
- Interact with your supervisor to seek guidance, coaching and direction and escalate issues and questions as needed for the successful running of your business
- Understand and execute all operational and store sales activities to ensure the store exceeds financial and customer experience targets
- Accomplish regular daily job duties including accounts receiveable, inventory reports, daily sales recaps and bank deposits
- Take active ownership of all store controls including but not limited to Standard Operating Procedures, financials, safety, security, scheduling and compliance with state and federal laws and system management
- Utilize Quality Improvement tools in order to improve the business, share ideas and continue to innovate
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Be flexible with your schedule - your work hours will be based on business needs and store operating hours
- All other duties as needed or required
- Associates Degree or some college preferred
- High school degree or GED required
- 2 years of related experience (ex. retail, service, hospitality, military), prior supervisory experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability, at times, to work alone in the store
- Ability to stand during entire shift, excluding meal and rest periods
- Ability to move and lift 55 pounds
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to bend/twist at the waist and knees
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or related to other business necessities
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to report regularly to work and maintain established business hours in order to support the FedEx Office business; regular attendance and/or reporting could include regular attendance at a physical location and/or maintaining established business hours depending on the scope and nature of the position
Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, and to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility.
- Applies Quality concepts presented at training during daily activities.
- Supports FedEx Office Quality initiatives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All offers of employment made by FedEx Office are contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and a pre-employment drug screen (which must be completed within 2 business days of any conditional offer of employment). The existence of a criminal record is not an automatic or absolute bar to employment and a candidate’s criminal record will be considered individually based on factors such as the relationship between the job sought and the criminal offense, the timing of the offense, the nature of the offense, and any other relevant information. FedEx Office will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. America’s Military Veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Office, please email us at HR.Recruiting@FedEx.com.