The Cartographic Analyst - Journeyman will work within a government/contractor team environment providing Digital Nautical Chart Production and Notice to Mariners support to existing and developing mission areas. Future needs and capabilities, as well as developmental assignments, are included.
Location- onsite Springfield, VA
Requires an Active TS(SCI) Clearance.
Salary range of $70,000 - $75,000 is based on experience and technical interview.
Cartographic analyst duties includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Digital Nautical Chart and or Electronic Nautical Chart Conversion production by performing Cartographic and GIS analyst functions.
- Extracting features from a variety of sources including but not necessarily limited to rasterized nautical charts, digital hydrographic survey data and ortho-rectified imagery.
- Updating source and source catalogs and information,
- Data Conversion/migration,
- Script writing / generation to improve efficiency of the production process.
- Feature extraction of point, line and area feature data from both government and commercially available imagery and cartographic sources.
- Supporting Standard Nautical Chart production by performing cartographic analyst functions supporting the Enterprise Product on Demand (ePODs)production process
- Notice to Mariners production in order to enhance the timeliness of updated nautical information reaching customers
- Recompilation or updating maritime features and attributes in ESRI based FG MOD production environment
- Extracting features from a variety of sources including but not necessarily limited to rasterized nautical charts, digital hydrographic survey data and ortho-rectified imagery; writing Python Scripts in ARCGIS to improve efficiency of the production process; Data Conversion/migration
- Utilize Reviewer Batch Jobs, GAIT, ATS, custom inspections to identify and correct defects.
- Evaluate consistency of products created in multiple sites to ensure a uniform delivery.
- Extract databases from SDE using HADOOP
- Jira Software for updating and managing projects
- JANUS Hyper Local TDS
- FGCM Content Management
- JANUS 215 and 241 Production and QC
- JANUS 241 NGA Reworks
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires an Active TS(SCI) Clearance.
- Requires a BA degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience in geography, cartography and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) which includes skill in ArcGIS applications
- Experience in creating shapefiles, geo-databases, and features
- Knowledge of digital cartography, image processing, geographical information systems (GIS), geospatial production techniques and NGA digital data formats
- Ability to utilize geographic names information from the GNDB
- Ability to analyze imagery and non-imagery source information for application to NGA hydrographic products and databases
- Generate corrections for electronic and paper nautical charts and publications
- Any JANUS work will be great
- Geospatial Intelligence Professional Certification (GPC-F) | National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- Geospatial Intelligence Targeting Couse (Tech School)
- Spatial Statistics with ArcGIS | National Geospatial-Intelligence College
- Temporal Data Visualization | National Geospatial-Intelligence College
- Cartography | ESRI
- Fundamentals of GIS | National Geospatial-Intelligence College
Benefits Overview: Full-time employees are offered comprehensive and competitive benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, health insurance, life insurance, military leave, training, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, short- and long-term disability, 401(k) retirement plan with company matches/immediate vesting, commuter benefits, and more.
COVID Policy: In accordance with the Federal Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, this position requires that you are fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks before your start date. You will be required to provide proof of vaccination before you begin employment.
EEO Policy: It is our policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.