You haven't searched anything yet.
We are looking for a dedicated Security Guard to maintain a safe and secure environment for our organization. The Security Guard will be responsible for monitoring and controlling the entrance and exit of visitors, reporting suspicious or criminal activities, and following all security protocols and procedures established by the company. The Security Guard will also be responsible for maintaining a professional demeanor and appearance while on the job and preventing illegal or inappropriate actions by maintaining a high visibility presence.
• Monitor and control the entrance and exit of visitors according to established protocols.
• Use provided communication devices such as two-way radios in a clear and concise manner to report incidents promptly.
• Alert the appropriate personnel or authorities in the event of suspicious or criminal activities.
• Follow all security protocols and procedures established by the company to ensure the safety of the premises.
• Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance while on the job.
• Prevent illegal or inappropriate actions by maintaining a high visibility presence.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have a valid D-License.
• Minimum 1 year of security experience.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Prior security or law enforcement experience is preferred but not required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to remain calm and respond quickly in emergency situations.
• Physical fitness and the ability to stand, walk, and climb stairs for extended periods.
The job skills required for Security Guard include Customer Service, Law Enforcement, Verbal Communication, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Security Guard. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Security Guard. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Security Guard positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Security Guard, it can be promoted into senior positions as an Emergency Response Planning Coordinator that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Security Guard. You can explore the career advancement for a Security Guard below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Security Guard, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Security Guard for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Security Guard job description and responsibilities
managing security procedures such as metal detectors or bag checks.
02/10/2022: Cleveland, OH
At bars and nightclubs, guards (or bouncers) keep under-age people from entering, collect cover charges at the door, and maintain order among customers.
12/23/2021: Hialeah, FL
Some security guards drive small vehicles to travel from one area to another.
02/20/2022: Eugene, OR
collaborating with other guards to secure an area during events.
12/03/2021: Boulder, CO
Sometimes, a security guard would be required to maintain certain rules and policies as laid down by his employer.
12/09/2021: New London, CT
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Security Guard jobs
Other factors like education, certifications and performance can also affect how much security guards earn.
02/22/2022: Vineland, NJ
Complete secondary school or a diploma.
01/28/2022: Lancaster, PA
Locate keywords from the job description.
01/12/2022: Poughkeepsie, NY
Verification of qualifications.
02/05/2022: Memphis, TN
Keep reading for security resume examples along with a professional guide from experts.
02/01/2022: Pine Bluff, AR