ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- FanDuel TV — "The Bettor Sports Network" bringing live sports and interactive content to the games fans care about most
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking to add to its Legal & Compliance team a Compliance Manager responsible for it licensing compliance program. The Compliance Manager will develop, implement, and manage a robust licensing compliance program enabling FanDuel Group to obtain and maintain licenses for internal and external entities and individuals as required by state laws and regulations. The Compliance Manager will develop and implement policies, controls and processes to ensure that FanDuel remains compliant with all licensing requirements in states where FanDuel operates and maintain resources to assist and enable FanDuel employees and external partners and vendors to identify and comply with relevant licensing requirements. The Compliance Manager will also work to design and operationalize compliance tools and trainings for its licensing compliance program.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
This role will:
- Develop, implement, and manage a licensing compliance program, including licensing applications, renewals, and filings.
- Develop and implement system of record for employees to check licensing status and renewals.
- Oversee engagement and partner with outside counsel to apply for required corporate gaming licenses in U.S. states and ensure compliance with state regulatory requirements.
- Develop and manage an effective licensing process and system to enable employees that are required to hold a gaming license in any state obtain such a license in a timely manner.
- Supervise compliance associates and ensure prompt completion of day-to-day vendor- and employee-related licensing tasks.
- Identify vendors supporting products and enable those vendors to obtain and maintain proper licenses as required.
- Serve as the main point-of-contact for the FanDuel Licensing team to assist with license applications and answer licensing related questions.
- Support the design and development of additional compliance technology tools to help the team scale for future growth.
- Develop scalable processed and lead the team responsible for reviewing employee license documentation prior to final submission to state regulators.
- Assist with responses to regulator requests relating to licensing.
- Respond to periodic audits and risk assessments to ensure licensing program remains compliant with state regulations.
- Develop and maintain record retention processes for effective and compliant record tracking and retention.
- Complete other regulatory compliance tasks assigned by management.
- Help drive licensing compliance program awareness.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Licensure: must be able to pass required licensing as mandated by various state racing and gaming regulatory bodies
- Minimum 5 years of total compliance experience, preferably in risk, compliance, or internal audit
- Minimum 3 years in an analytical and detail oriented role, preferably in project management or operations experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience engaging with federal or state regulators a plus
- A strong aptitude for documenting process, policies, and procedure, analytics and reporting
- Sound and tested experience exercising judgment including communication, relationships and the accurate presentation of materials required of high-stakes engagements
- Highly organized individual with strong attention-to-detail skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of management
- Passion to work as part of a team in a very fast paced and changing environment
- Understanding of business priorities and ability to work to them
- Experience in implementing and maintaining compliance technology tools
- Familiarity with government licensing processes
- Technical competencies in Microsoft suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as interest in designing process tools (such as SharePoint sites and Atlassian suite)
- An exceptional team builder and team player
- A self-starter with energy to follow-through and own the outcome
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.