You haven't searched anything yet.
Established billing department is looking for an experienced person to join our team! Full time or part time positions available. Position has the possibility of hybrid remote work schedule once traingin completed. If the job description below sounds like a fit, please submit your resume!
Job Title: Billing Specialist
Salary Range: $17 - $23
Billing Specialist Summary:
The Billing Specialist position requires the individual to collect and enter insurance claim information, post insurance & patient’s payments, and manage accounts. You are responsible for submitting claims and following up with insurance carriers on unpaid or rejected claims. Answering patient inquiries on account statuses and/or charges are essential to this position. Other job duties may be assigned by your supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
· Enter information necessary for insurance claims such as patient, insurance ID, diagnosis, treatment codes and modifiers, and provider information. Ensure claim information is complete and accurate.
· Submit insurance claims to clearinghouse or individual insurance companies electronically or via paper on the CMS-1500 form.
· Answer patient questions on patient responsible portions, copays, deductibles, write-off’s, etc. Resolve patient complaints or explain why certain services are not covered.
· Follow up with insurance company on unpaid or rejected claims. Resolve issues and resubmit claims.
· Prepare appeal letters to insurance carriers when not in agreement with claim denials. Collect necessary information to accompany appeal.
· Prepare patient statements for charges not covered by insurance. Ensure statements are mailed on a regular basis.
· Working with patients to establish a payment plan for past due accounts in accordance with provider policies may be required.
· Provide necessary information to collection agencies for delinquent or past due accounts.
· Post insurance and patient payments using NextGen software.
· Perform “soft” collections for patient past due accounts. This may include contacting and notifying patients via phone or mail.
· For patients with coverage by more than one insurer, prepare and submit secondary claims upon processing by primary insurer.
· Follow HIPAA guidelines in handling patient information.
· May periodically create insurance or patient aging reports using Next Gen billing software. These reports are used to identify unpaid insurance claims or patient accounts.
· Understand managed care authorizations and limits to coverage such as the number of visits. This is encountered often when billing for specialties.
· Verifying patient benefits eligibility and coverage may be required.
· Ability to look up ICD 10 diagnosis and CPT treatment codes from online services or using traditional coding references.
· Other job duties that are assigned by the Supervisor
· Knowledgeable on insurance and reimbursement process.
· Good math and data entry (typing) skills.
· Exercise good judgement and discretion.
· Familiarity with HIPAA privacy requirements for patient information.
· Maintain and protect confidential information.
· Proficient in use of computers and common office equipment.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Basic understanding of medical ICD 10 codes and CPT medical billing codes.
· 1 year billing experience
· This position requires excellent attendance as there is minimal back up. All time off request should be submitted with a 2 week notice unless unforeseeable.
· 6 Paid Holidays
· Sick time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $23.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Lending & Credit
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
50 - 100
$10M - $50M
Lending & Credit
The job skills required for Billing Specialist include Billing, Medical Billing, Data entry, Written Communication, CPT, Life insurance, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Billing Specialist. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Billing Specialist. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Billing Specialist positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Billing Specialist, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Billing Manager that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Billing Specialist. You can explore the career advancement for a Billing Specialist below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Billing Specialist, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Billing Specialist for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Billing Specialist job description and responsibilities
Billing specialists prepare comprehensive and precise reports.
12/23/2021: Lansing, MI
Review documents like purchase orders, sales tickets, charge slips, or hospital records to compute fees or charges due.
12/11/2021: Albuquerque, NM
billing specialists, which are also known as billing clerks, handle the payments and processing for doctors and patients.
12/13/2021: Benton Harbor, MI
Prepares, generates and mails, via computer database, patient and third party payers’ billing statements.
01/19/2022: Alexandria, LA
A billing specialist will need to learn quickly and pick up whatever new skills are necessary.
12/15/2021: San Jose, CA
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Billing Specialist jobs
Find relevant Billing Specialist jobs, and apply.
02/17/2022: Albany, GA
Communicate as efficiently as possible.
01/04/2022: Temple, TX
Make checklists and to-do lists.
01/17/2022: Kennewick, WA
Teach calendar and time management skills.
12/09/2021: Chattanooga, TN
Look for Training and Learning Opportunities.
01/19/2022: Charlotte, NC
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Billing Specialist.