IT Project Manager III
Envision Healthcare is a leading national medical group focused on delivering high quality care to patients when and where they need it most. More than 30,000 clinicians and clinical support teammates call Envision home. We welcome teammates of every background and work in communities that reflect the racial, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, and economic diversity of our country.
Through Envision Physician Services and AMSURG, our clinician-led organization is changing the face of healthcare by delivering high-quality care that puts the patient first.
Envision’s core values drive continual advancement and ingenuity across the enterprise:
- Be Curious-embrace learning, seek out diversity of thought, listen openly, ask questions, and ask for feedback
- Instill Trust-have the hard conversation, presume good intent, honor commitments, and do the right thing for patients and each other
- Pursue Extraordinary-challenge the status quo, champion change, innovate and constantly aim higher
- Care Deeply-serve patients, partners, communities, and each other with empathy, compassion, and respect
- Embrace Teamwork-work cross-functionally, break down walls, develop others, be inclusive and unite to improve patient health
- Inspire Joy-seek fulfillment and the joy of medicine, appreciate others, celebrate wins, and promote wellness and belonging
We offer you an outstanding total compensation package, and a variety of health and welfare benefit options to help protect your health and promote your wellbeing. The benefits package includes: medical, dental and vision, life & disability, 401k, HSA, Flexible Spending and an Employee Assistance Program.
The role of the IT Project Manager III is to manage multiple complex projects and liaise between the Business Units and IT Department by aligning business unit goals and objectives with IT project planning, development, and implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the initiation, coordination, and completion of multiple, parallel projects within the Information Technology department.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects.
- Owns stakeholder management; responsible for setting customer expectations and leading efforts to sustain customer satisfaction.
- Oversees and assumes accountabilities for all aspects of software development including user requirements, development and testing timelines.
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Develops and presents full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Estimates resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Quickly secures needed project resources through internal scheduling or external hiring or contracting.
- Assigns responsibilities, monitors, and summarizes progress of project.
- Drafts and submits budget proposals. Recommends subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
- Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations for team and for upper management.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, devises, and leads execution of contingency plans.
- Defines project success criteria and disseminates them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Uses project delivery metrics to measure and improve team performance.
- Conducts project postmortems and drives continuous improvement efforts.
- Develops best practices and toolsfor project execution and management. Leads effortsto standardize practices and consolidate tracking methods across all IT projects.Actively seeks out and acts on opportunities for PM process improvement using a combination of industry experience and Lean activities (Kaizen events and workgroups).
- Leads process improvement efforts with participation from multiple IT teams
- Demonstrate experience in personnel management
- Experience working both independently and team-oriented collaborative environment is essential
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Flexible during times of change
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise
- Exceptional written and oral communication skillsAdept at conducting research into project-related issues and product
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Must provide own insured transportation to and from work as well as to other outside locations based on job needs
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year College or University and 7 or more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid experience with Waterfall, Agile, and mixed methodologies in a full SDLC environment
- Experience in and proficient with using Microsoft Project on complex projects
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Healthcare uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.