A Cook is responsible for preparing all food items based on standardized recipes for the Complimentary Breakfast Area while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Food Handlers Certification (must comply with State requirements)
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable to position to include Food Handlers Safety etc.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required according to hotel standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Complete necessary food and station preparations prior to opening of the Breakfast Area in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the Complimentary operating hours.
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Prepare and service food for Complimentary Breakfast as specified by the Food Production Manager.
- Prepare all foods following Aimbridge Hospitality standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Food Production Manager or Assistant Food Production Manager.
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other associates.
- Be familiar with all hotel policies and house rules.
- Be familiar with hotel's emergency procedures.
- Use Production Charts as specified by Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Associates must at all times be attentive friendly helpful and courteous to guests managers and other associates.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain the 'Clean As You Go' policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Travelers can settle in for a relaxing stay at our new, vibrant Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse Destiny USA hotel. They can explore New York's largest shopping, dining, outlet, and entertainment destination. We are also just minutes from downtown, six miles from Syracuse Hancock International Airport and three miles from Syracuse University. We offer a complimentary shuttle anywhere within a six-mile radius of the hotel.
Guests can wake up each morning to a free made-to-order breakfast featuring omelets with your choice of fillings, potatoes, bacon, fruit, pastries and more. They can end a busy day with drinks and snacks at the complimentary Evening Reception in the beautiful atrium lounge. Our on-site restaurant offers comfort food and appetizers in a relaxed atmosphere. Daily room service is available, and our 24-hour sundries shop offers premium snacks, beverages and toiletries.
Our studio and one-bedroom suites feature a separate living area with sofa bed and flat-screen TV in each room. Guests can take advantage of the wet bar, refrigerator, microwave and complimentary WiFi. Our higher level rooms offer beautiful views of downtown Syracuse.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan