Embark Behavioral Health is a unique organization comprised of extraordinary programs dedicated to bringing the all-time high rates of adolescent anxiety, depression, and suicide to all-time lows while becoming the most recognizable, respected, and valuable behavioral health organization in the world. At Embark at The Forge, we work with adolescent teen males from ages 13-17 who struggle with issues such as impulse control, attachment issues, substance abuse, and dysregulated family systems.
The mission of the Clinical Therapist is to provide trauma-informed treatment to students and their families, while maintaining the highest standard of communication with parents, referents, and members of the treatment team. The therapist engages in a dynamic treatment process using the Embark Treatment Approach (ETA) as well as interventions from DBT, TF-CBT and SMART Recovery, through individual, family and group therapy. As a diversified team player, the therapist works hand in hand with all Embark at the Forge departments, ensuring that the ETA is fully integrated throughout the various departments within the established program culture and norms. The therapist provides psychoeducation to parents related to the physical, emotional, and neurobiological needs of their child as well as facilitates their ability to utilize the tenants of the CASA framework in repairing the family relationships.
The Therapist role at The Forge is part of the treatment team and facilitates group experiences, supports students and staff, and collaborates with primary therapists and the treatment team. This role will require the ability to work on Monday-Friday and participate in the on-call rotation.
- Conducts group therapy sessions each week as assigned by the Clinical Director.
- Schedules and conducts individual and family therapy sessions weekly.
- Dictates notes for each therapy session in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs appropriate assessments of students and families.
- Communicates weekly with Treatment Team and Clinical Team.
- Aids in crisis intervention outside of regularly scheduled therapy sessions as needed.
- Contributes master treatment plan updates for each of his/her students.
- Coordinates the transition plan with parents, Treatment Team, referral partners and outside agencies as needed.
- Works in conjunction with the Residential Coaches of each of his/her students to help those complete therapeutic assignments and advance through the Phase Program.
- As assigned by the Clinical Director, instructs co-workers on disorders, issues and therapeutic techniques, as a part of the company wide training program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Master's Degree in Behavioral Sciences - Social Work (MSW,) Clinical Social Work (CSW,) Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or a related discipline.
- Fully Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or equivalent in state of Tennessee
- Knowledge of DSM-V disorders and other pertinent issues facing the students and their families
- Experience working with adolescents in a therapeutic setting
- A desire to facilitate client growth through a team approach, working with other care providers.
- A desire to perform and develop counseling/therapeutic expertise in individual, family, and group therapy.
- Preferred -Two years of working experience as a licensed therapist leading individual, family, and group therapy sessions.
- Preferred - One year of experience in a residential setting using relational, experiential, and systemic modalities.
- Ability to plan, implement, and adjust a course of treatment as required.
- Knowledge of the pertinent clinical terminology, and multiple therapeutic interventions and techniques
- Knowledge of the laws regarding documentation, reporting, and confidentiality
- Ability to pass a state background check
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have current driver’s license
Company Paid Holidays plus a PTO accrual schedule
Comprehensive Benefit Program that includes medical insurance with a generous company contribution towards a high deductible plan, dental insurance, vision insurance, voluntary life and AD&D insurance, long-term disability, 401K with company matching, and paid maternal leave
Access to professional growth using our leading-edge strategies and trainings with our exceptional leaders
Opportunity to foster relationships with adolescents and their families, create joy in their lives, and heal generations.
Join a team of nationally recognized industry leaders who provide you with a framework of training, support, and long-term advancement opportunities.
Embark and team members embrace the core values of empathy, trusting relationships, service, growth, and results.
Embark is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Embark is committed to enriching the therapeutic and healing experience it offers through the diversity of its employees and community. Embark seeks to recruit and support a broadly diverse staff who will contribute to the organization's excellence, diversity of viewpoints and experiences, and relevance in a global society.