BUILDING YOUR CAREER AT ELLIOTT MEANS HAVING A ROLE IN BUILDING THE FUTURE
Do you want to help build the machines that will build the future??
If you do, Elliott Equipment Company is the place for you. We're a leader in developing and manufacturing truck-mounted cranes, aerial work platforms, diggers and other equipment for the utility transmission, sign & lighting, and governmental industries, among others.
We're looking for high energy team players - people who take pride in their craft and who want to be part of a lean culture. You'll have the opportunity to use your skills to design, build, or support our products; and use your creativity in problem solving and improving the process.
We value safety, customer service, integrity, sustainability, and fun. If you're chosen, you'll enjoy excellent pay and benefits, work in our state-of-the-art facility, and join a team of people committed to quality, service, and continuous improvement.
At Elliott, you'll get a chance to build your career, build our infrastructure, and build some pretty cool machines.
We hope you'll join us. Apply today! INDUSTRIAL PAINTER - $2,000 HIRING BONUS Pay Range: $19-23/hour depending on experience
Shift Differential: $2/hour
Shift hours: Mon-Thurs 8pm to 6am OVERALL SUMMARY
Under direct supervision - Responsible for material handling of painted components, proper surface preparation of components to be painted, proper primer and topcoat mixing, and application technique of primer and topcoat to provide a durable and aesthetically acceptable finished product. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Work with the supervisor to:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Plan production, maximize quality and run a safe, clean department
- Proper PPE use and care per OSHA Guidelines
- MSDS Labeling System
- Safety and housekeeping
- Booth maintenance
- Must be proficient in spray finishing techniques and application
- Interpretation of paint suppliers' required specifications for mixing ratios and application
- Proficient in spot painting techniques to provide unrecognizable paint repair in touch up applications
- Operation of all equipment required for surface preparation, primer and topcoat application, power washers, sanders, overall spray paint equipment, safe application of degreasers, soaps, phosphates.
- Operation of material handling equipment, forklifts, hoists, etc.
- Paint equipment cleaning, maintenance and repair.
- Proficient application of urethane and epoxy primer and fillers
- Single stage paint / base coat / clear coat
- Metallic and Solid Colors
- Make paint rework repairs as needed.
- Produce high quality product that meets or exceeds industry standards in minimal time frames
- Other duties as assigned by area supervisor
Individual must posses the following knowledge, skills and abilities to be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Successful demonstration of spray application of various primer and topcoat to provide an acceptable surface finish per Elliott paint specification.
- Excellent verbal and in written communication skills.
- Flexibility with an ability to make proactive decisions that maintain safety, quality, and workflow.
- Thorough knowledge of Elliott Equipment Company paint policy and procedure, including reading shop orders, including reading and interpreting engineering drawings via access in Max.
- ECR & NCR...Engineering Change Request and Nonconformity Report
- Understanding of MAX System
- Instruct and train proper prep and loading methods to obtain maximum safety and quality output.
- Maintain minimum inventory and supply levels. Conduct accurate inventory Paint Supplies.
- Ability to sustain and improve processes associated with tooling and fixtures for continuous improvement, while improving safety, quality and workflow in a LEAN manufacturing environment.
- Good math and measurement skills
- Ability to bend, reach, push, pull and put parts into positions for painting
- Able to lift 50 lbs frequently from a floor or bench level to a painting fixture.
- 1-year Minimum experience in various forms of surface prep and spray application of paint materials, preferably in a shop environment.
- Industrial or automotive paint experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs frequently throughout the day, depending on work related circumstances.
- Must be able to lift objects from floor to above shoulder level and be able to lift from lying position on back overhead. Must be able to move objects/parts/tools and equipment from one area to another and one level to another.
- This position includes the following physical demands:
- Extending and pulling the hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while working with various tools as mentioned before.
- Seizing, holding, rasping, turning, pulling, or otherwise working with hands and arms.
- Using arms in such a way as pulling of tools, wrenches, parts, and equipment to complete the job.
- Picking, pinching, or otherwise working with fingers primarily (rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling).
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to climb up and down trucks, steps, and ladders safety.