NEW INCREASED WAGES FOR ALL CLINICAL ROLES!
CNA starting rate: 15.50/hr PLUS Experience Credits! Earn more with experience.
Elderwood at Lockport is seeking a reliable and compassionate Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to join our clinical team for a full time position.
We have options on day, evening & overnight shifts.
Elderwood benefits include:
- New Starting Rate PLUS Experience Credits! Earn more with experience!
- Tuition Assistance Program for nursing track
- Robust Employee Referral Bonuses
- Pension Plan
- Free Uniforms
- Full suite of heath benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) Position Overview:
- Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) provide personal and nursing care to meet the physical and emotional needs of residents in our skilled nursing facility. They are under the direction of a licensed nurse. State specific certification is required.
Shifts Options for CNAs (all shifts include every other weekend requirements):
- Days: 6a-2p
- Evenings: 2p-10p
- Overnights: 10p-6a
About Elderwood at Lockport:
- Elderwood at Lockport is located in a park-like setting in the City of Lockport, near the historic Erie Canal and the renowned “Flight of Five” locks. This skilled nursing facility with a long tradition in Eastern Niagara County conveys a friendly, family-like atmosphere. A unit dedicated to rehab services features a spacious gym for physical, occupational and speech therapy. Residents with dementia benefit from Elderwood’s personalized, structured Seasons Memory Care programs.
Join Our Team
If making a difference in someone's life is important to you, join our team today!
401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Conveniently located on a bus route, Free On-Site Parking, Free Uniforms, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!, Substantial employee referral program, Tuition reimbursement program
- Direct and monitor the personal care duties carried out by Nursing Assistants of an assigned team.
- Report to Charge Nurse unusual symptoms, daily needs and progress of residents.
- Notify Charge Nurse of changes in residents’ conditions or needs
- Follow the Profile of Care for each resident and monitor the performance of the Nursing Assistants in carrying out the appropriate aspects of the care plan.
- Responsible for responding immediately to residents’ requests.
- Assist residents with the following Activities of Daily Living (ADL), according to their plan of care and individual needs.
- Seventeen (17) years of age required; high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Employment Certificate/Permit required for 17 years of age.
- Registration in the State Nurse Aide Registry (CNA) is required. Active on the State Nursing Aide Registry with no findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment or misappropriation of property.
- Training and work experience in a geriatric setting preferred.
- Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Caring and respectful attitude towards residents
- Physical stamina for constant activity required.
- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
- Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.