ECC is seeking local candidates in the Tokeland, WA area for long-term work as a Cost Analyst. The initial assignment will be at local project site in the Tokeland, WA area. Cost Analysts assist in the management of day-to-day project cost control activities primary for construction, environmental remediation or disaster recovery projects. ECC provides excellent benefits to include family medical/dental, 401k, ESOP, continuing education, wellness program and LOTS more! In this position you will:
- Develop Project file, budget and WBS code set-up with project manager and cost control manager for assigned projects;
- Performs financial/administrative reporting for assigned projects and/or programs in order to monitor costs.
- Conducts cost, schedule, contract performance, variance, and risk analysis and prepares reports as required.
- Participates in the development of cost controls, procedures, systems and forecasting techniques to evaluate contract/program status, ensuring compliance with government and customer requirements.
- Reviews contracts and purchase orders to understand unique contractual requirements;
- Process and track subcontractor payment requisitions. Ensure subcontractor lien waiver accuracy and completeness for assigned projects;
- Produce monthly project status and work in progress (WIP) reports;
- Attend and participate in all monthly review meetings for assigned projects
- Prepare and/or assist in preparation of monthly owner invoice;
- Prepare other specialized project reporting as needed;
- Strong Excel skills with formulas/analysis (i.e. Vlookup, Pivot tables, etc.)
- Knowledge of federal contract accounting principles a plus.
- Work Experience: 2 years minimum.
- Education - University Degree: BA in Construction Management, Accounting, Business or Statistics or closely related. Additional experience may be considered in place of degree.
- Deltek Costpoint experience a plus.
- Primavera knowledge/experience a plus.
- Experience with Cost Plus Fixed Fee projects.
- Advanced degree a plus.
- Construction related experience strongly preferred.
- Understanding of construction job cost analysis desired
- Ability and interest in travel on occasion to work on-site at project locations desired. (Travel expenses provided)
Key words: Accounting, cost accounting, project accounting, cost analysis, cost control, pivot tables, project controls, project cost, Deltek, Costpoint, client invoice, federal,