Are you ready to bring your amazing self to work?
At Macy's, Inc., we're on a mission to create a brighter future with bold representation for all. This is our Mission Every One. We know that each person here is unique. We respect and invest in each individual to create growth, pride and satisfaction. If we are able to bring our whole selves to work, it translates into a more abundant and wider array of ideas and energy for all to benefit from. Our success will be built on amazing colleagues, working together.
As a Selling and Support Captain, you are an advocate for the customer and a role model for your colleagues. As an elevated hourly colleague, you are an expert in customer satisfaction , merchandising, and building brand loyalty. You will drive results through promotional and Omni selling initiatives. Under the supervision of a People Leader, you will play a key role in communicating expectations and priorities to our colleagues. Advancement opportunities include Personal Stylist or Sales and Customer Experience Manager
What we can offer you:
- An inclusive, challenging, and refreshingly fun work environment
- Empowerment to perform impactful work with tangible results
- Coverage across medical, dental, vision, and retirement
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health and financial literacy resources)
- Fully-Funded education benefits may include 100% of tuition, books, and fees
- Merchandise discounts
- Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs), give-back/volunteer opportunities
What you will do:
- Based upon your Captain assignment you could be fulfilling customer orders, merchandising, processing new products, or supervising the selling floor in delivering exceptional customer service.
- Lead colleagues in the execution and completion of assigned tasks
- As an advocate for the customer, you will role model and provide fast feedback on how to make every customer experience outstanding
- Ensure high-level of customer service through problem-solving and customer-focused resolutions.
- Enhance the in-store customer experience by promoting our Macy's mobile app
- Meet with People Leaders throughout the day to plan and monitor total store activities
- Provide People Leaders continuous feedback that drives a positive customer experience and improves our processes.
- Perform store opening and closing procedures, including accessing alarm system and settling the registers
- Lead and participate in the adherence to our best in class merchandise standards.
- Educate colleagues on point of sale technology, radio frequency equipment, and applications to assist in selling and fulfillment of customer orders.
Who you are:
- Focused on upholding Macy’s dedication to fulfilling ideals of diversity, inclusion and respect that our company aspires to achieve, every day in every store and office, with every customer and associate
- Flexible availability, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays with regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Proficient in communicating effectively with customers and providing clear direction to colleagues
- Self-starter in adapting quickly to changing customer expectations and needs
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and deadlines
- 1-2 years of direct retail experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
Physical requirements you will perform:
- Prolonged periods (at least two consecutive hours) of standing/walking around the store or department
- Frequent use of computers and handheld electronic equipment
- Reaching, including above eye level, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Lifting and moving items weighing up to 30 lbs.
Now is an exciting time for a Macy's career as we continue to focus on creating exciting and memorable experiences for every Macy's customer, whether their journey starts online or in the store. Our opportunities in Sales, Merchandise, Operations, Customer Service, Warehouse, Marketing and other areas let you express your creativity and commitment to excellence, grow your career and make a difference to your Macy's colleagues and customers.
Bring your creativity, energy and ideas to the Macy's team– Apply Today!
This job description is not all-inclusive and may not apply to colleagues covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.