Are you ready to bring your amazing self to work?
At Macy's, Inc., we're on a mission to create a brighter future with bold representation for all. This is our Mission Every One. We know that each person here is unique. We respect and invest in each individual to create growth, pride and satisfaction. If we are able to bring our whole selves to work, it translates into a more abundant and wider array of ideas and energy for all to benefit from. Our success will be built on amazing colleagues, working together.
As a Receiving Colleague, also known as a Back of House Colleague, you will be responsible for managing the flow of merchandise into our stores. You will be part of a team that ensures products are received, processed, and made available for sale in a timely and efficient manner as well as the upkeep of merchandise within the store and stockroom maintenance.
What we can offer you:
- An inclusive, challenging, and refreshingly fun work environment
- Empowerment to perform impactful work with tangible results
- Coverage across medical, dental, vision, and retirement
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health and financial literacy resources)
- Fully-Funded education benefits may include 100% of tuition, books, and fees
- Merchandise discounts
- Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs), give-back/volunteer opportunities
What you will do:
- Customer Service Assistance: Greet customers, answer their questions, and provide assistance in a friendly and professional manner. Ensure a positive shopping experience by addressing customer concerns and resolving issues promptly.
- Receiving and Unloading: Receive and unload merchandise from delivery trucks; unpack merchandise from vendor boxes; and remove merchandise from plastic bags and packaging
- Sorting and Organizing: Sort and organize merchandise based on its type, size, or category. Ensure that items are properly labeled, tagged, or marked for easy identification and retrieval. Keep the receiving area clean and organized.
- Processing and Signing: Complete all processing and receiving activities in accordance with productivity standards, timelines, and asset protection inventory control and compliance procedures. Ensure promotional signage is accurate and up-to-date
- Stockroom Management: Transfer merchandise from the receiving area to the stockroom or sales floor and assist the Merchandise Team in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product placement, season changes, and clearance set
- Picking and Packing: Select merchandise from the selling floor and apply packing policies & techniques to ensure every customer receives his/her package in good condition; process shippable returns and abandoned in store pickup orders
- Conduct customer pick-up: Retrieve orders from our back-of-house storage and deliver them curbside to the customer; monitor alerts to ensure Ready on Time completion of Buy Online Pickup In-Store (BOPS) orders
- Team Collaboration: Work with other team members to achieve department goals and maintain a positive work environment. Communicate effectively with colleagues and supervisors, sharing feedback, ideas, and concerns.
Who you are:
- Focused on upholding Macy’s dedication to fulfilling ideals of diversity, inclusion, and respect that our company aspires to achieve, every day in every store and office, with every customer and associate
- Flexible availability, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays with regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers
- Self-starter; able to adapt quickly to changing customer expectations and needs
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and deadlines
- No Education or Experience Required
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods (at least two consecutive hours) of standing/walking around the store or department
- Frequent use of computers and handheld electronic equipment
- Reaching, including above eye level, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, and color vision
- Lifting and moving items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Now is an exciting time for a Macy's career as we continue to focus on creating exciting and memorable experiences for every Macy's customer, whether their journey starts online or in the store. Our opportunities in Sales, Merchandise, Operations, Customer Service, Warehouse, Marketing and other areas let you express your creativity and commitment to excellence, grow your career and make a difference to your Macy's colleagues and customers.
Bring your creativity, energy and ideas to the Macy's team – Apply Today!
This job description is not all-inclusive and may not apply to colleagues covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.