Immediate Openings – Start Right Away!
- Competitive Hourly Rates
- Schedules to meet your availability!
- Employee Discount at Macy's AND Bloomingdales
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our communities. The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy's (seasonal, flex, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Macy's stores are ideal for forming relationships, creating partnerships, building teams and leadership skills, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the "Academy" for retail careers. A store colleague position is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles.
As a Selling Colleague, you will be an integral part of bringing the magic of Macy's to life. Generalist Colleagues provide outstanding service that inspires the customer through compelling merchandise presentation and by demonstrating superior product knowledge; meeting hourly sales and Loyalty (credit account) goals on a personal and team basis; and assisting with fitting room and floor recovery, price changes, floor moves, and digital customer merchandise fulfillment.
Macy's utilizes a scheduling plan that allows colleagues input into their work schedules by managing their availability and identifying their preferences. During key sales events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts available through a self-scheduling tool.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Determine customer needs based on customer preferences; suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services (including Loyalty programs) to build sales and minimize returns
- Demonstrate proficiency in POS systems, including, but not limited to, Search and Send and My Client
- Proactively assist customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy's devices or their own
- Retrieve additional merchandise at customers’ request (i.e., retrieve merchandise from stockroom; pull merchandise to assist customers in fitting room)
- Develop new business and expand client base through in-store interaction, suggestive selling, and on the floor presence
- Maintain department recovery standards, including selling floor and fitting rooms
- Deliver optimal merchandise execution presentation through merchandise placement, execution, and style, including visual elements
- Ensure accurate merchandise pricing, and process markdowns in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist the Support Colleague Team in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, seasonal changes, and clearance sets
- Assist in inventory and markdown process
- Assist in picking, packing, and shipping merchandise to fulfill digital customer orders
- Adhere to Asset Protection policies and procedures, including shortage prevention, inventory control, and compliance procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No education or experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with customers, peers, and store management
- Resourceful self-starter; ability to work independently and as part of a team, and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Ability to use a calculator to perform simple mathematical functions, including percentages
- Frequently required to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, including cash register and handheld equipment
- Frequently required to lift/move up to 25lbs
- Involves hearing, color vision and close vision
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping