Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
A store colleague position (whether it’s a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy’s top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy’s.
ABOUT MARKET BY MACY’S
The Market by Macy's team is passionate about finding new ways for the Macy’s brand to show up to the consumer, our vendors, and our colleagues. We live to challenge the status quo, change minds, and deliver growth as a result. Our new store, Market by Macy's is a gathering place for all that's good, where brands you love meet fresh faces and local friends — a go-to for shopping with a side of something more. Guests will find the joy in community and discovering new events and experiences together in-store.
We are looking for smart, outgoing, creative, friendly, engaging and confident individuals for full time positions. Our Colleagues will wear multiple hats; they serve as the face of our brand, interact with customers to deliver exceptional customer service, share our unique approach towards different avenues of retail, and help build our community. The ideal candidate is flexible, positive, high energy, and loves connecting with people and getting them excited about our products. S/he is a self-starter, unfazed by challenges and excited by the ever-changing nature of our business and wants to contribute to an energetic, growing team!
- Provide the most amazing customer service on the sales floor.
- Connect with customers on the sales floor and share knowledge about featured brands/products to drive product sales through customer engagement.
- Act as an ambassador of our brand and unique retail concept by living our values and conveying brand messages.
- Curiosity and excitement about new and different experiences and areas of the business.
- Maintain floor presentation standards and restock merchandise throughout the day.
- Balance multiple priorities and using good judgment to manage time.
- Work store events in whatever capacity is required to ensure successful execution and seamless customer experience.
- Support store operations on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure receipt of new merchandise, unpack new merchandise, set up back-stock, store-build-out, merchandise incoming inventory according to visual guidelines, pack unsold inventory to be delivered to the distribution center, reconfigure store fixtures to prepare new layout and visual presentation for upcoming theme.
- Flexibility and enthusiasm about working in varied capacities depending on business need.
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge and be capable of giving expert style advice.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
What You'll Bring To The Table
- You love to engage with people. You’re the person who strikes up a conversation and makes a connection.
- You are excited to work in a fast-paced, startup environment within a large company and are an effective problem solver.
- You have prior retail and/or customer service experience and an understanding of the need to do things differently and better in today’s retail world.
- You take pride in your work and will do what it takes to get a job done well.
- You maintain a positive outlook and love to smile.
- You are detail-oriented.
- You are eager to learn new things.
- You have a hospitality mindset and believe in going the extra mile to ensure an amazing customer experience
- You are a collaborator and want to be part of a strong team culture that is focused on winning as a team.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School degree or equivalent.
- 3 years of prior retail sales experience is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing, standing for at least two consecutive hours, lifting at least 30 lbs, close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment
- Detail oriented.
- Takes pride in work they are doing.
- Maintain a positive outlook.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays based on department and store/company needs.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs