Are you ready to bring your amazing self to work?
At Macy's, Inc., we're on a mission to create a brighter future with bold representation for all. This is our Mission Every One. We know that each person here is unique. We respect and invest in each individual to create growth, pride and satisfaction. If we are able to bring our whole selves to work, it translates into a more abundant and wider array of ideas and energy for all to benefit from. Our success will be built on amazing colleagues, working together.
As a Merchandising Colleague, also known as a Front of House Colleague, the expertise you develop in Macy’s merchandise and services will let you create exceptional experiences for every customer you encounter. You will also be responsible for aiding in floor relocations, enhancing the visual presentation of merchandise, arranging and maintaining product displays, and ensuring up-to-date pricing and signage.
What we can offer you:
- An inclusive, challenging, and refreshingly fun work environment
- Empowerment to perform impactful work with tangible results
- Coverage across medical, dental, vision, and retirement
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health and financial literacy resources)
- Fully-Funded education benefits may include 100% of tuition, books, and fees
- Merchandise discounts
- Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs), give-back/volunteer opportunities
What you will do:
- Customer Service: Greet customers, answer their questions, and provide assistance in a friendly and professional manner. Continuously develop knowledge of the store's merchandise and promotions to assist customers effectively and provide accurate information. Ensure a positive shopping experience by addressing customer concerns and resolving issues promptly.
- Sales Support: Assist customers in finding products, offer product recommendations, and provide information about promotions or special offers. Select merchandise from selling floor to assist in fulfilling online orders. Conduct sales transactions, including operating cash registers, handling payments, and processing exchanges or returns.
- Merchandise Organization: Maintain an orderly and visually appealing store by restocking merchandise, arranging displays, cleaning and emptying fitting rooms, and ensuring shelves are adequately stocked. Assist with markdown execution to drive merchandise sell off of clearance items.
- Update Pricing and Signage: Maintain accurate pricing and signage throughout the store to ensure a seamless shopping experience for our customers. This entails regularly using technology to update product prices, promotions, and information on products and fixtures in accordance with company guidelines and policies
- Team Collaboration: Work with other team members to achieve department goals and maintain a positive work environment. Communicate effectively with colleagues and supervisors, sharing feedback, ideas, and concerns.
Who you are:
- Focused on upholding Macy’s dedication to fulfilling ideals of diversity, inclusion, and respect that our company aspires to achieve, every day in every store and office, with every customer and associate
- Flexible availability, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays with regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Proficient in communicating effectively with customers and providing clear direction to colleagues
- Self-starter; able to adapt quickly to changing customer expectations and needs
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and deadlines
- No Education or Experience Required
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods (at least two consecutive hours) of standing/walking around the store or department
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, handheld electronic equipment
- Reaching, including above eye level, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision, climbing ladders
- Lifting and moving items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Now is an exciting time for a Macy's career as we continue to focus on creating exciting and memorable experiences for every Macy's customer, whether their journey starts online or in the store. Our opportunities in Sales, Merchandise, Operations, Customer Service, Warehouse, Marketing and other areas let you express your creativity and commitment to excellence, grow your career and make a difference to your Macy's colleagues and customers.
Bring your creativity, energy and ideas to the Macy's team – Apply Today!
This job description is not all-inclusive and may not apply to colleagues covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.