Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
Store colleague position (whether it’s a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy’s top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy’s.
As a Customer Experience Colleague (CXC), you will prioritize the customer experience by selling to our customers in the moment to service their needs. You will drive enterprise wide cross-category selling across multiple selling platforms to deliver sales goals and achieve sales growth. This position exemplifies the We Care service model throughout the store. You will enhance the shopping experience by providing personalized service in all departments. This role requires a can-do attitude that goes above and beyond and has a personable and efficient approach when servicing the customer. You will collaborate and build great partnerships with peers, especially with At Your Service colleagues. and connect your customer to a Personal Stylist when necessary.
- Ensure the customer is the top priority by actively attending to the needs of the customer, whether or not it culminates in a sale.
- Role model the We Care service model (Safety, Support, Service) throughout the store, going above and beyond to service customers and support colleagues.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by selling merchandise and meeting any need our customer may have whether its in-store or through virtual selling.
- Leverage product knowledge and digital resources (product descriptions, customer reviews, etc.) to increase sales by educating and assisting the customer and expanding their merchandise options to enable the best choices.
- Effectively develop and maintain relationships throughout the store in order to problem solve and create the best possible outcome for the customer.
- Leverage Product and vendor information to sell by sharing trends and styles in various departments.
- Assist the customer in making the best product choices focusing on size and fit in apparel areas.
Communicate and provide customer feedback daily with Customer Experience Manager, in order to create a better customer experience.
- Promote your services by leveraging company social media assets to engage with customers.
- Demonstrate a professional, can-do attitude.
- Maintain high customer readiness standards: deliver a clean, neat and easy-to-shop environment.
Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client and MSA Order Entry.
- Understand the promotional calendar and utilize it for the purpose of driving sales.
- Ensure shortage prevention initiatives are executed.
- Perform other customer-facing duties, as needed.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Minimum 1 year previous Selling or retail experience required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to customers, peers and all levels of management.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, and calculating percentages; ability to use calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team, ability to prioritize tasks and must have good time management skills; ability to build relationships and convert customers into clients.
Understanding of technology and proficiency in POS, computers, tablets, smart phones, work-associated apps, and social media.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department.
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color vision and climbing ladders.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs.