Are you ready to bring your amazing self to work?
At Macy's, Inc., we're on a mission to create a brighter future with bold representation for all. This is our Mission Every One. We know that each person here is unique. We respect and invest in each individual to create growth, pride and satisfaction. If we are able to bring our whole selves to work, it translates into a more abundant and wider array of ideas and energy for all to benefit from. Our success will be built on amazing colleagues, working together.
As a Beauty Brand Expert, you are responsible for driving your brands’ sales and service in Macy’s Beauty department. You inspire teamwork to achieve goals and elevate the customer experience as a brand authority and consistent role model. Both a product educator and beauty enthusiast, you specialize in making our customers feel beautiful and confident. The training you receive on our products, technology, trends, and techniques allows you to create customized beauty regimens and gorgeous new looks from the hottest brands Macy’s has to offer.
What we can offer you:
- An inclusive, challenging, and refreshingly fun work environment
- Empowerment to perform impactful work with tangible results
- Coverage across medical, dental, vision, and retirement
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health and financial literacy resources)
- Fully-Funded education benefits may include 100% of tuition, books, and fees
- Merchandise discounts
- Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs), give-back/volunteer opportunities
What you will do:
- Inspire teamwork to reach sales goals and elevate the customer experience
- Recruit, train, coach, motivate, and develop associates on policies, procedures, product knowledge, and team/individual productivity goals
- Establish a strong rapport and foster customer loyalty by demonstrating expertise in our products and services, while simultaneously promoting brand loyalty through engaging customers in our rewards program
- Understand how to drive sales through brand training, events, and strategies
- Use our clientele program to build relationships with customers, meet sales goals, and share promotions and product launches
- Communicate with vendors and store leadership to execute company and store-based events to achieve sales goals
- Analyze business performance and create strategies to exceed daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual goals
- Lead product demonstrations and peer-to-peer training
- Merchandise new receipts, process damages, testers and select merchandise to return to vendors
- Adhere to hygiene standards and asset protection control and compliance procedures
Who you are:
- Focused on upholding Macy’s dedication to fulfilling ideals of diversity, inclusion and respect that our company aspires to achieve, every day in every store and office, with every customer and associate
- Has advanced authority and expertise in a specific brand
- Flexible availability, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to share information with diverse groups of customers and colleagues
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- 1-2 years of direct experience is preferred
- High school graduate or equivalent (general education degree or GED)
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of standing/walking around the store or department
- Frequent use of computers, handheld electronic equipment and cash registers
- Reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Lifting and moving items weighing up to 25 lbs.
Now is an exciting time for a Macy's career as we continue to focus on creating exciting and memorable experiences for every Macy's customer, whether their journey starts online or in the store. Our opportunities in Sales, Merchandise, Operations, Customer Service, Warehouse, Marketing and other areas let you express your creativity and commitment to excellence, grow your career and make a difference to your Macy's colleagues and customers.
Bring your creativity, energy and ideas to the Macy's team – Apply Today!
This job description is not all-inclusive and may not apply to colleagues covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.