Are you ready to bring your amazing self to work?
At Macy's, Inc., we're on a mission to create a brighter future with bold representation for all. This is our Mission Every One. We know that each person here is unique. So we respect and invest in each individual to create growth, pride and satisfaction. If we are able to bring our whole selves to work, it translates into a more abundant and wider array of ideas and energy for all to benefit from. Our success will be built on amazing colleagues, working together.
As a Furniture Sales Colleague, also known as a Big Ticket Colleague, you provide outstanding customer service in our Furniture areas and create shopping experiences that make every customer feel welcomed and comfortable. In this role, you are responsible for meeting sales goals, selling protection plans , managing return rates, and promoting our loyalty program. You will continually demonstrate superior product knowledge to educate your customer and satisfy their needs.
What we can offer you:
- An inclusive, challenging, and refreshingly fun work environment
- Empowerment to perform impactful work with tangible results
- Coverage across medical, dental, vision, and retirement
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health and financial literacy resources)
- Fully-Funded education benefits may include 100% of tuition, books, and fees
- Merchandise discounts
- Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs), give-back/volunteer opportunities
What you will do:
- Engage with customers to understand their furniture needs, demonstrating knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns
- Offer personalized recommendations and suggest complementary products to enhance the customer's shopping experience
- Utilize technology to complete customer orders, assist customers in envisioning and selecting the most suitable products for their needs, and provide support to those using devices to shop and compare
- Participate in ongoing product knowledge training through both technology and vendor partners
- Ensure high-level of customer service through problem-solving and customer-focused solutions, such as converting a return into an exchange and expediting resolution of delivery issues
- Maintain contact with customers through the pre- and post-delivery process to ensure a positive shopping and delivery experience
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control compliance procedures
Who you are:
- Focused on upholding Macy’s dedication to fulfilling ideals of diversity, inclusion and respect that our company aspires to achieve, every day in every store and office, with every customer and associate
- Flexible availability, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to share information with diverse groups of customers and colleagues
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- 1-2 years of related experience is required
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of standing/walking around the store or department
- Frequent use of computers and handheld electronic equipment
- Reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Lifting and moving items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Now is an exciting time for a Macy's career as we continue to focus on creating exciting and memorable experiences for every Macy's customer, whether their journey starts online or in the store. Our opportunities in Sales, Merchandise, Operations, Customer Service, Warehouse, Marketing and other areas let you express your creativity and commitment to excellence, grow your career and make a difference to your Macy's colleagues and customers.
Bring your creativity, energy and ideas to the Macy's team– Apply Today!
This job description is not all-inclusive and may not apply to colleagues covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.