Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
• A store colleague position (whether it’s a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy’s top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy’s.
|Job Overview |
|The Vendor Ambassador is an exceptional colleague who drives sales through connecting with customers and sharing vendor product knowledge to upsell and suggest additional items. They drive sales by cultivating a repeat clientele and serving as the expert for the vendor/brand/area they represent. The Ambassador regularly communicates specific customer needs and shopping patterns to the vendor community. They execute top-side Central strategies and maintain email contact with the vendor community. In addition, they drive sales through execution of strategic merchandising initiatives for the vendor/brand/area they represent. |
|Essential Functions |
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority.
- Serve as a liaison between designated vendors and STM My Stylist (where applicable) and their Customer Experience Manager.
- Place new receipts on the sales floor and insure floor replenishment by size is occurring.
- Ensure sales floor is properly signed for sales and markdowns.
- Create and implement best practices to drive sales, turn, and gross margin above company average.
- Build brand-specific clientele to support local marketing.
- Execute vendor and non-vendor events to increase sales.
- Actively plan, organize, and lead customer facing vendor sponsored events with partnership of vendor community, ensuring sales and participation goals are met.
- Proficient in POS, including Search and Send, and My Client.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications and Competencies |
|Education Requirements |
|Min/Preferred ||Education Level ||Description |
|Minimum ||High School or GED ||High School Diploma or equivalent required |
|Years of Experience |
|Min/Preferred ||Years of Experience ||Comments |
|Minimum ||1 ||Minimum 1 year previous selling or retail experience required |
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 year previous selling or retail experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to customers, peers, and all levels of management.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and calculating percentages.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team, and must have excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrate an energetic and positive attitude.
- Possess vision and creativity.
- Must be comfortable with the use of computers, mobile devices, and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to build relationships and convert customers into clients.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
|Essential Physical Requirements |
- This position involves constant moving and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.