Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.A store colleague position (whether it’s a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy’s top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy’s.
As a Personal Stylist, your focus is to exceed performance metrics with an entrepreneurial mindset. You will drive enterprise wide cross selling to deliver sales goals and achieve sales growth. This position focuses on new customer acquisition, building and maintaining strong client relationships through clienteling, and building a social media presence. Your role is to provide an elevated and seamless customer experience through expertise in lifestyle selling, in-store and virtual selling, and virtual service and recovery. Personal Stylists are expected to expand their customer base by developing key relationships with vendor partners, store leadership, peers, and their local community. You embrace innovation, new selling ideas, and applications. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exceed sale goals by providing a personalized and elevated shopping experiences in-store and online.
- Drive customer acquisition through networking opportunities; leverage social media to seek online and in-store traffic.
- Build an online presence to create awareness and promote the services and experiences you offer.
- Create and execute compelling content on social media to keep customers engaged.
- Leverage selling tools and resources (marketing calendar, MyClient application) to plan and forecast ahead for impactful and personalized outreach that drives repeat business.
- Partner with store team, vendors and community partners to develop and host virtual and in-store events to deliver incremental sales.
- Increase annual spend and repeat client visit rates through ongoing outreach and correspondence; invite customers to virtual and/or in-person appointments; promote goods, looks, and products that are relevant to your customer.
- Make data driven decisions that will drive growth, and understand your local market and customer base.
- Utilize technology and innovative selling tools to drive virtual selling initiatives that support your business by creating a compelling omnichannel experience for your customer.
- Meet with the Store Manager weekly to inform them of your performance, goals and actions.
- Leverage the Stylist Store leadership check in sheet as needed.
- Daily and weekly tasks include checking emails, appointment booking upkeep, customer follow-up, content development and posts, and other duties as assigned.
- Host one on one appointments (virtually or in-store) as well as virtual events for continued customer engagement and sales driving tactics.
- Increase Average Spend by cross selling throughout the store and online, leveraging product knowledge and providing expert advice to each customer.
- Attend Vendor trainings and development workshops as assigned.
- Role model the We Care mentality and create meaningful moments for your customers as well as your colleagues.
- Your continued presence on the sales floor should influence positive selling behaviors in others.
- Share your knowledge and support peers in growing their skillset while continuously developing yoursDemonstrate your personal brand in alignment with Macy’s brand values, constantly finding new ways and new contacts to market and network your services to.Regularly participate in store leadership meetings and visits.
- Upkeep a clean, safe and inviting environment in alignment with our company provided standards and guidelines.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 5 years retail experience or other high touch selling position
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
Strong time management skills and ability to allocate appropriate time to priority tasks; strong business acumen; understanding of technology and proficiency in computers, tablets, smart phones and associated apps, including social media. Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills. Strong customer service orientation; ability to build and maintain a strong client base. Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Keen sense of fashion, ability to coordinate items and suggestive selling techniques. Experience or familiarity with a variety of lifestyles, business segments and social media platforms while displaying credibility to interact with broad customer base.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or departmentMay involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs