Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy's (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy's top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the "Academy" for retail careers.
A store colleague position (whether it's a seasonal job, part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the various functions at Macy's.
The Driver/Delivery Specialist is responsible for transporting merchandise and fixtures from the off-site warehouse to specific stores.
- Pick merchandise from stores pick list to be delivered to the store
- Load merchandise, fixtures, tables, and displays onto the trucks
- Drive the trucks from the warehouse to corresponding store locations
- Unload the merchandise and fixtures at the stores
- Unload trucks delivering merchandise and fixtures to the warehouse
- Maintain paperwork for every delivery
- Participate in general maintenance, organization, and housekeeping
- Adhere to company safety guidelines whether at the warehouse, a store, or when driving a truck
- Follows shortage programs and procedures as they pertain to the receiving function
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as needed
- Follows shortage programs and procedures
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- No felony convictions for the last 10 years.
- Must have at least three years experience as a driver.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- Must be able to sit and drive for at least one hour at a time.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- This position involves constant moving and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.