Are you ready to bring your amazing self to work?
At Macy's, Inc., we're on a mission to create a brighter future with bold representation for all. This is our Mission Every One. We know that each person here is unique. We respect and invest in each individual to create growth, pride and satisfaction. If we are able to bring our whole selves to work, it translates into a more abundant and wider array of ideas and energy for all to benefit from. Our success will be built on amazing colleagues, working together.
Our Asset Protection Security team uses advanced technology and analytics tools to reduce shortages and protect our bottom line. As an Asset Protection Detective, you will have the opportunity to receive expert training and develop your skills in this role. You will create and foster relationships with store teams and law enforcement agencies. Our goal is to protect company assets while maintaining a safe, customer-centric shopping environment.
What we can offer you:
- An inclusive, challenging, and refreshingly fun work environment
- Empowerment to perform impactful work with tangible results
- Coverage across medical, dental, vision, and retirement
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health and financial literacy resources)
- Fully-Funded education benefits may include 100% of tuition, books, and fees
- Merchandise discounts
- Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs), give-back/volunteer opportunities
What you will do:
- Use surveillance techniques to help identify and apprehend individuals who shoplift and dishonest employees
- Understand and leverage de-escalation tools in order to provide a safe and secure environment for our customers and colleagues
- Recover stolen merchandise
- Research and provide statements and evidence to support investigations
- Prepare reports on theft incidents, investigations, and audits
- Maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies regarding apprehensions, searches, and evidence preservation
- Build and maintain partnerships with store colleagues, as well as outside groups, such as law enforcement
- Testify in court for criminal and civil cases
- Train colleagues on protocols to help protect company assets
- Respond to alarm conditions and work on special assignments
- Facilitate first aid for customers and colleagues
Who you are:
- Focused on upholding Macy’s dedication to fulfilling ideals of diversity, inclusion and respect that our company aspires to achieve, every day in every store and office, with every customer and associate
- Flexible availability, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays with regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- A resourceful self-starter who can adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers
- Enjoy working as part of a team, as well as independently
- Obtain and maintain required licenses, trainings, and certifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Walking, standing for extended periods; bursts of quick movement
- Apprehension of subjects in accordance with company policy
- Requires hearing, close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching above eye level
- Ability to spend long periods of time in enclosed areas
- Lifting and moving items up to 30 pounds
Now is an exciting time for a Macy's career as we continue to focus on creating exciting and memorable experiences for every Macy's customer, whether their journey starts online or in the store. Our opportunities in Sales, Merchandise, Operations, Customer Service, Warehouse, Marketing, and other areas let you express your creativity and commitment to excellence, grow your career and make a difference to your Macy's colleagues and customers.
Bring your creativity, energy and ideas to the Macy's team – Apply Today!
This job description is not all-inclusive and may not apply to colleagues covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.