Since 1973, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 120 locations across the U.S. and China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi-cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our associates’ potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and China markets. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
Being the next generation Branch Manager at East West Bank means you are part of a world-class team that focuses on delivering a high quality, high-touch, and high-tech relationship banking experience across all customer touchpoints.
As a Branch Manager, you will play a key role in
- Creating an environment that delivers an exceptional experience for customers
- Setting branch specific strategies to grow revenue and reduce expenses
- Providing exceptional customer service to all clients and working across business lines to refer customers to partners
- Creating an environment that heavily influences the use of technology to meet the customers’ needs of today and the future
This role is meant for someone with a strong passion for growing a long-term career in financial services, delivering exceptional service to customers, and building a strong team of next generation bankers.
We will help you grow your career at East West Bank by providing you with ongoing training to expand your business knowledge, grow your digital acumen, and build long-lasting relationships with our customers.
- Achieve quarterly and annual team/branch sales goals
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the overall activities and operations of a branch office, including tracking and monitoring sales and customer service performance against established plans and objectives
- Communicate with existing and potential customers in the branch and through outside solicitation efforts to introduce products and services to new consumers and commercial businesses
- Solicit customers, businesses, communities, and civic organizations to generate new business; conduct sales, service, and product training for staff
- Develop branch business plan to ensure maximum profitability for targeted banking products
- Ensure that procedures for custody and control of assets, records, loan collateral, and securities are performed
- Prepare financial and regulatory reports required by law, regulations, and senior management
- Represent the bank at community functions and community organizations to market and promote bank products and services
- Oversee performance management of branch staff; bring out the best in the branch employees by providing training, coaching, and motivation
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws
- Other responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Educate customers on how to use our digital platforms to bank and invest when, where and how they want
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 years of functional/professional experience
- 3 years of supervisory experience with a proven success record in coaching and mentoring employees
- Three to five years related experience and/or training including strong commercial lending or product knowledge
- Experience in building partnerships with local businesses
- Strong desire and capability to influence, educate and connect team, partners, and customers to technology
- Has ability to learn and adapt to new information and technology platforms
- Can interpret performance results, find opportunities to drive success and hold others accountable to results
- Ability to effectively present information in front of an audience