Provides Mechanical design support of new electromechanical products and makes improvements to existing products within established guidelines under the direction of Engineering Managers and other department engineers. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Uses SolidWorks to create 3D CAD models to design new products that satisfy customer or internal requirements in commercial, industrial, and military markets.
- Validates performance of designed products to meet operating parameters through simulation and testing.
- Creates or evaluates engineering assembly drawings, part drawings, specification sheets, manufacturing work instructions, manufacturing processes, and operating guides.
- Researches and utilizes engineering methodologies, techniques, and approaches to problem-solving.
- Understands and specifies the use of various engineering materials.
- Interfaces with suppliers to meet desired design and procurement goals.
- Provides Engineering support to internal or external customers.
- Contributes to or direct prototype assembly process.
Knowledge And Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 0-2 years’ experience
- Advanced computer skills, CAD (SolidWorks), Microsoft Office, MRP Systems
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and processes in a production environment
- Ability to interface with various personnel at different levels of skills, knowledge, and experience
- The ability to speak and write clearly on technical subjects to individuals and groups
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems
- Knowledge of piezoelectric materials a plus
- Problem-solving expertise and good organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites
- Must be a local candidate
- Competitive Salary
- Health Care Plan: Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance: Basic, Voluntary, & AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Medical & Dependent Care
- Retirement Plan with an Employer Match: 401K & ROTH
- Educational Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Holiday
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Dytran Instruments, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All decisions regarding recruiting, screening, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, pay, training, benefits, and other conditions of employment will be made based on valid job qualifications and business reasons. All such decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, religious dress practice, religious grooming practice, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class by federal, state, or local law. This includes consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Hiring Ordinance.