DTSV, a Federal Government Contractor, is looking for a Staff Accountant who will work in all areas of the general ledger, project accounting and financial reporting. Position works closely with Corporate Controller in our Newport News corporate office.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Prepare general ledger month-end journal entries.
· Assist with the month-end close cycle for multiple entities.
· Reconcile and analyze G/L activity on a recurring basis.
· All aspects of Accounts Receivable (draft certain invoices, record, post receipts, monitor aging, etc.)
· Assist with the preparation of audit work papers and schedules for year-end financial and retirement plan audits as necessary.
· Maintenance of fixed asset ledgers
· Preparation of use tax returns as necessary
· Preparation of local business license and property tax returns as necessary
· Assist Payroll with certain 401K activities
· Back-up for Accounts Payable
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred but will consider experience equivalent
· 5 years of detail oriented accounting experience
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
· Excellent analytical skills
· Microsoft Excel and Word experience
· CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred
· Government contracting experience
· Dynamics SL experience preferred but not required
· B.A. preferred or equivalent experience
DTSV is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The job skills required for Staff Accountant include Accounting, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, CPA, Accounts Receivable,and Microsoft Excel etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Staff Accountant. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Staff Accountant. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Staff Accountant, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Staff Accountant for your reference.