Downtown Music Holdings is a global company that owns, manages, and develops businesses with a vision for a more equitable and innovative music ecosystem. With operations across North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and Latin America, we are the world’s leading provider of end-to-end services to artists, songwriters, labels, music publishers and other rights holders. Through our portfolio of companies -- Downtown Music Services, Songtrust®, CD Baby and Fuga -- we manage millions of music copyrights, with a catalog that spans more than 100 years of popular music and the single largest independent sound recording catalog in the industry. Our integrated platforms help democratize global music rights management and simplify the distribution, monetization, and promotion of creative works.
We are looking for a Payroll Administrator to join our team who will handle our US payroll and compliance function. This role will include owning all aspects of payroll and partnering across business to ensure that our employees are paid accurately and on time while maintaining best practice and compliance. This role can be fully remote and the ideal candidate will be based in the Pacific Standard Timezone.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for disbursement of multi-state payroll, including salaried and hourly employees as well as bonuses and commissions using Paylocity
- Process bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll for 250 employees with the skills to scale with a high growth company
- Support Payroll Manager and prepare a variety of payroll-related documents (adjustments for over payments, payroll registers, stop payments/direct deposit reversals, W-2 audits etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and issues; meeting compliance requirements, and providing audit support
- Research discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and compliance with policies and procedures prior to processing
- Be responsible for the onboarding and offboarding of new hires and terminations within the payroll system in a timely and accurate manner
- Update payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/division transfers
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Process wage garnishments, pay levies, and other involuntary court-ordered payments in a timely manner (including reporting to the necessary State office or jurisdiction)
- Partner with People Operations to coordinate leaves of absence under Family Medical & Leave Act (FMLA), Medical, or other unpaid leaves and administer third party sick pay processes.
- Assist employees and staff with general questions related to payroll, leave accruals, wage deductions, fringe benefits, and other pay related issues
- Oversee 401K and HSA deductions as well as maintain the demographics and employment status
- Adhoc projects as needed including, but not limited to audit support, compliance, benefits reporting, etc.
You are / have:
- 3 - 5 years prior experience processing a multi state payroll for 150 employees
- Familiarity with California payroll laws preferred, knowledge of US labor laws a plus!
- Payroll & Benefits HRIS experience (within Paylocity preferred)
- Familiarity with tax and payroll laws, especially in California
- Experience supporting external audits
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Time & Labor Training
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work with leaders and employees across our business
- Work in a collaborative environment full of mission driven, innovative, and passionate people
- Be part of an open, welcoming, and inclusive culture
- Rich benefit program (Medical, Dental, Vision), Life Insurance, 401k (with match)
- Paid Volunteer Hours
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown's values. We welcome and encourage all applicants of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.