The Manufacturing Engineer will oversee the design of production machinery and will identify and recommend solutions to production problems related to materials, processes, equipment, and tooling.
- Works with the Controls Engineer to design tools and machines used to manufacture products.
- Assist in the design of tooling for prototypes and new products as necessary.
- Implements methods and modifications to reduce production costs.
- Gain understanding of our product line to suggest improved methods of manufacturing that reduce WIP and lead time while increasing process speed and efficiency.
- Reviews production program equipment, hardware, and tooling; makes recommendations for repairs or replacement.
- Oversees the development of new processes, methods, and production controls in collaboration with the Controls Engineer.
- Maintains knowledge of new and developing manufacturing technology, equipment, and applications; applies this knowledge to recommend and implement new technology and processes to improve the overall production efficiency of the operations to maintain the Company’s competitive edge.
- Collaborates with production management and continuous improvement to design cost-effective manufacturing layouts and build ergonomics for new product lines.
- Designs, redesigns, or enhances work areas and layouts so that awkward or uncomfortable positions, repetitive motions, and inefficient operations are reduced or eliminated.
- Identifies and assesses various problems and departures from established manufacturing standards and best practices; researches and recommends solutions.
- Installs new equipment and ensures that it operates correctly and trains others to operate it.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and general hours of work are from Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Occasional travel could be required but would be less than 5%.
- Related experience or bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Experience with continuous improvement methodologies, such as Lean Six Sigma, strongly desired.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams toward a common vision and common goals.
- Ability to communicate a future vision for production improvements and automation to senior management.
- Strong communication skills that allow you to explain complex and technical information in a way that is understandable to non-technical people. Make the business case while educating people on the benefits of improvements .
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to assess problems or issues with manufacturing equipment.
- Knowledge of production principles and techniques.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with computer-aided drafting (CAD) software.
Designetics, Inc. will only accept applications from individuals authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship.