Position Title: Project Manager │ Full Time
Location: Marietta, GA & Chicago, IL
The Company: We bring a different perspective to design projects. We are Design Environments. We have a higher goal than simply delivering a beautiful space. We are focused on creating memorable and experiential interior environments for every project while improving the world we live in. We are team of diverse experts with more than 30 years of experience in a variety of design, sourcing, and installation markets. In addition to our deep knowledge of design projects, we understand listening leads to innovation. We bring fresh perspective to our projects and follow our curiosity to solve problems while always maintaining design quality and having some fun while we do it. From the initial concept to the final installation, we are there. WE empower and trust our team members to create environments that meet the needs of our clients and end users. We exist at the intersection of design, sourcing and installation that impacts lives of people. We Design for life. Visit our website to learn more about Design Environments: http://www.designenvironments.com
The Project Manager oversees all aspects of the daily project requirements and works with the Project Coordinator(s) and Design Team to meet deliverables within a set timeframe. The Project Manager coordinates and directs the daily project activities and system updates to ensure the ongoing project and Company goals are being met. Project Management involves project documentation, planning, tracking and communication, all with the goal of delivering work successfully within the constraints of time, scope, and budget.
Position Responsibilities :
• Owns project timeline deliverables from inception to installation
• Initiate and run all project meetings
• Ensure project deliverables align with company goals
• Oversee bidding process, quotation review, and analysis, as needed with the SSD team and or Estimating team.
• Evaluate supplier performance and assists with supplier assessments (KPIs) with the SSD team
• Ensure purchase order accuracy and completeness
• Manages all late, damaged, or incomplete jobs with support from the logistics team
• Resolves applicable customer and supplier problems and prevents late deliveries of materials
• Establishes and maintains cost reporting and schedules
• Reviews and processes customer payments
• Track status of potential Change Orders and follow up with the Client.
• Coordinates with the installation team and partners with the Director of Installation Services on deadlines
• Maintain customer information in CRM
• Assist in completion of approval processes
Reports To: Manager of Project Operations
Start Date: Within 30 days
Work Hours: Typically, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM EST. Some work from home allowed based on workload after 90 days.
Compensation: Includes market-based salary. Position includes full-time employee benefits package consisting of medical insurance, Paid holidays, 401K, and PTO. Position has a 90-day probation period to determine if you are a fit for the position.
Qualifications and Skills Desired:
• Two or four-year college degree in management, operations, hospitality or a related field or equivalent work experience
• Three plus years related experience (FF&E specific preferred) purchasing, supply chain or project management experience
• Demonstrated leadership ability required
• Product knowledge
• Goal-oriented, organized team player
• Strong multitasking and organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite [Excel, Word, Outlook]
• Strong interpersonal skills
The job skills required for Project Manager include Project Management, Planning, Leadership, Analysis, PM,and Installation etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Project Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Project Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Project Manager, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Project Manager for your reference.