Delta Star, Inc., a leading manufacturer of power transformers and mobile transformers & substations has immediate openings for Welders.
FULL TIME, HOURLY POSITION
Perform all General Plant and Level I duties with direction from higher level welders. Operate Oxy-fuel torch or perform oxy-fuel cutting operations. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist higher level welders as needed.
- Read blueprints, layout and weld assigned components to specification, clean refuse, splatter (change to spatter), slag, and tack markers (change to marks).
- Uses assigned stencil to label work.
- Weld required parts using all welder types and welding materials.
- Weld metal parts together using brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
- Operates overhead crane under the direction of higher level welders.
- Performs related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Complete all DIRS and necessary paperwork under the direction of higher level welders.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, fills holes, and increases size of metal parts.
- Weld headers under the supervision of higher level welders.
- Identify gases needed for each type of welding.
- Operate cold saw (band saw) and iron worker.
- Positions and clamps together components of fabricated metal products prior to welding.
- Assist with weld cover on a tank.
- Assist with rework and inspection.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to identify what type of wire needed for welding material.
- Ability to perform tests and weld repairs as necessary.
- Must have excellent attendance.
- Can read a Welding Procedure Specification and perform the procedure with little assistance.
- Ability to push/pull/lift up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to climb a ladder
- Must pass a 3G FCAW test and a 1G SMAW test with E7018.
AAP/EEO STATEMENT Delta Star is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.