Position responsible for all the food and beverage operations, which includes all culinary, restaurant, beverage and room service operations. Oversees guest and employee satisfaction, maintaining standards and meeting or exceeding financial goals. Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of all applicable food and beverage laws and regulations. Develops and implements business plan for food and beverage.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing and Maintaining Budgets
• Develops and manages all financial, employee engagement and guest satisfaction plans and actions for Food and Beverage departments.
• Maintains a positive cost management index for kitchen and restaurant operations.
• Utilizes budgets to understand financial objectives.
Leading Food and Beverage Team
• Manages the Food and Beverage departments (not catering sales).
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Oversees all culinary, restaurant, beverage and room service operations.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
• Provides excellent customer service to all employees.
• Responds quickly and proactively to employee's concerns.
• Provides a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Provides proactive coaching and counseling to team members.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Monitors and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
• Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
• Sets clear expectations with the employees and team leaders and verifies that appropriate rewards are given if expectations are exceeded.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides excellent customer service.
• Responds quickly and proactively to guest's concerns.
• Understands the brand's service culture.
• Drives alignment of all employees, team leaders and managers to the brand's service culture.
• Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
• Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
• Verifies all banquet functions are up to standard and exceed guest's expectations.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages day-to-day operations, drives quality, and verifies standards are meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Conducts performance reviews in a timely manner.
• Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
• Develops an action plan to attack need areas and expand on strengths based on employee engagement and guest satisfaction results.
• Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Drives effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings and property meetings.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Notification to Applicants: Delta Hotels Vancouver Downtown Suites takes seriously its obligations under the applicable provincial legislation and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance. If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please call 905-366-5227 or email CanadaApplicationAccommodation@marriott.com and a member of our Human Resources team will respond to your request. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accessibility accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
With our diverse portfolio of locations, you’ll find Delta Hotels in world-renowned cities and prestigious resorts across Canada. Delta Hotels is a Marriott International brand and offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that's right for you. With more than 1100 managed properties and 19 brands you'll find Marriott International in your neighborhood and in more than 74 countries across the globe. Find Your World™ at Delta Hotels.
The job skills required for Food and Beverage Manager include food service, Leadership, Customer Service, Coaching, Catering,and Room Service etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Food and Beverage Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Food and Beverage Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Food and Beverage Manager, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Food and Beverage Manager for your reference.