Dealerware has been recognized as a Best Places to Work 2022 - Austin Best Midsize Companies. We are a modern fleet management platform for the modern retailer. We are proud to be one of the hottest software companies in the automotive sector. By combining a modern-approach with fresh design thinking, Dealerware’s industry-leading SaaS platform enables best-in-class fleet management and mobility for top automotive dealerships and manufacturers. Three years ago, we burst onto the scene with a promise to reduce costs and elevate the customer experience at automotive dealerships.
Dealerware currently manages fleets for 28 automotive brands and 10 of the top 10 dealer groups in the country. With a recent expansion into international markets, our growth trajectory continues to be within the top 1% of SaaS businesses. Across the automotive ecosystem, there’s hundreds of billions of dollars at stake. And we’re right in the swell of it.
Dealerware has an immediate, full-time opportunity for a Platforms Architect to help us transform the way car dealers and manufacturers think about products and profits. We’re looking for an experienced architect who still likes getting their hands in the code on a regular basis, who has experience with monolithic to modular software transformations, and who is excited by solving challenging technical problems. The Platform Architect will own architectural design choices, and guide infrastructure, QA, APIs, Data and other shared services. Effective communication with the executive team, technology partners, internal business units and team collaboration across the Audi/VW group is essential to success.
As a Platform Architect, you will:
● Establish and advocate adoption of engineering best practices, leading by example
● Assess new technologies and provide recommendations towards a service-oriented software architecture, developing solutions that can serve multiple product lines
● Coach and mentor development team members on engineering standards and best practices
● Lead development of mid and long-term technical roadmaps, including detailed migration strategies to evolve our applications
● Inspire and excite people internally around the long-term technical vision
● Contribute to solving the company’s toughest technical challenges
● Collaborate with the Solutions Architect in order to provide creative solutions to challenging problems
● Guide the development of tests and documentation as you oversee feature development
● Maintain expertise in current and emerging technologies and tools
● Represent Dealerware's technology within Audi, and larger VW group
Characteristics We Seek:
● Navigate change through early and often communication; engage the ambiguous; promote diversity; accept new ideas; and lean on learning agility.
● Seek and provide feedback. We use it as a guide for our own development, and we build our software. It is incorporated into our software development lifecycle with design, code reviews, unit tests, and continuous integration.
● Work across multiple teams to gather input and gain consensus. Our teams enjoy working together, sharing knowledge, helping, mentoring, and delivering our best.
● Demonstrate end to end ownership of your architecture, including security, deployment and monitoring tools and techniques
● 5 years experience in AWS
● 5 years of cloud SaaS experience
● Proven experience with Terraform and CI/CD pipelines
● Strong understanding of domain-driven design
● Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
● Experience designing, QA test methodologies
● Experience with data infrastructure and data lakes
● Experience across the full application lifecycle from concept through retirement
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
Dealerware offers you:
● Competitive base salary with bonus incentive eligibility
● Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401K) FREE telehealth (includes therapy visits)
● Training for all employees provided in Udemy
● Tuition Reimbursement and continuing education
● Unlimited paid vacation policy
● Generous Paid Parental Leave program
● 100% remote work or Hybrid offered
● Modern office and a dynamic team in downtown Austin with free parking (for those who wish to come into the office)
● Friendly, small company environment with a progressive culture and somewhat flexible hours
● Backed by Audi, a 112-year-old automotive industry leader
● Semi-flat organizational structure that ensures your influence on products we build
● Discounts on Silvercar rentals and participation in an Audi Lease Program
● Employee Equity Program
Dealerware is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Dealerware's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.