**This is a Full-time 36 hours a week Day/Night rotating position.
Hematology Cellular Therapy Unit
The Clinical Nurse is responsible for utilizing the nursing process to provide evidence-based care and to continuously monitor and evaluate practice to ensure safe passage of patients that is in the best interest of populations served.
The Hematology Cellular Therapy Unit (HTCU) is a 9 bed unit within the Hematology-Oncology Inpatient Unit (1W) where Stem Cell Transplant and CAR T-cell therapy patient are cared for. Nurses on this unit are highly specialized and will also have the opportunity to help out on 1W when needed.
The Hematology-Oncology Inpatient Unit (1W) is a 23 bed unit that cares for patients admitted for extended chemotherapy schedules and associated symptom management issues. Oncology gynecology surgery patients are also cared for during their immediate post operative phase. This is a great opportunity to work with a National Cancer Institute where the resources for patients are unparalleled. If you are a high performer looking for your next career move, let's connect!Responsibilities
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess, diagnose, identify outcomes, plan, implement and evaluate an individualized plan of care.
- Utilizes critical thinking and the nursing process to anticipate and recognize changes in patient status, taking action to modify the plan of care or to elevate to the care team as necessary.
- Practices in accordance with the ANA Code of Ethics to advocate for patients, uphold their autonomy in decision-making, ensure informed consent and assist patients in families in expressing self-determination.
- Actively seeks feedback and acts to improve performance.
- Engages in the governance of practice.
- Manages interpersonal relationships for self and with others.
- Mentors colleagues for the advancement of nursing practice and the profession.
- Assumes authority and accountability for the nursing care of patients while appropriately delegating elements of care to others members of the care delivery team in accordance with laws, regulations and policies and procedures.
- Prioritizes and organizes time to optimize patient outcomes.
- Actively seeks out the most current evidence and standards and applies and translates to daily practice.
- Role models a culture of inquiry, developing new knowledge by contributing to research, quality improvement, and evidence-based practice at the local level.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
- Actively partners with others to effect change that produces positive outcomes through the exchange of knowledge.
- Precepts the student nurse, nurse extern, nurse resident, experienced clinical nurse and other members of the healthcare team.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required.
- BSN with one year of experience or ADN with two years of experience
- Must obtain and maintain clinical competencies within assigned unit.
- Excellent written, verbal and computer skills required.
- Demonstrated abilities with problem solving, leadership, communication, fiscal responsibility and teamwork.
- Ability to work effectively in groups of employees and with patients and patient families is essential.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in New Hampshire required.- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certificate required upon hire and as applicable, higher level per unit certification requirements as stated on the grid attached to the AHA and Life Support Policy.
Don't meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Area of Interest: Nursing;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: 0.90 - 36 hrs/per week;
- Shift: Rotating;
- Job ID: 11819;