Elite Line Services is a major single source maintenance solution in the industry with the bandwidth to service all of your equipment maintenance needs. We maintain all original equipment manufacturers for material handling equipment, BHS, PBB, Facilities, GSE and vehicles. Our hybrid programs efficiently cross utilize technicians between equipment types to provide seamless coverage that protects the best interest of our customers. Whether this is getting full warranty value for new parts and systems or applying experienced and specialized technical support for mature equipment needs, ELS has you covered.
Elite Line Services offers a wide variety of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Assistance, EAP, and Paid Leave.
The Mechatronics & Robotics Apprentice will learn to perform the job of a Mechatronics & Robotics Technician to install, alter, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electronic, mechanical, computer, control systems and components in a complex fulfillment/distribution center through the completion of a comprehensive classroom, laboratory, and on-the-job learning program. The apprentice will also train in and adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Open to the possibility of relocation after completion of the 15-month program
- Able to enroll in and attend a 12-week training at one of three colleges: Vincennes University (Vincennes, IND), Lehigh Carbon Community College (Allentown, PA), or Dallas College – Eastfield Campus (Dallas, TX)
- Successfully pass four nationally recognized PMMI certifications (Industrial Electricity I, Mechanical Components I, Fluid Power, and PLCs I)
- Successfully pass the Tech 2 Ramsay assessment
- Successfully complete all 40 OJL benchmarks
- Complete 2,000 hours of on-the-job learning (OJL)
- The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 16.50 - $ 21.80 per hour; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to base pay other considerations include a variable incentive plan, and a range of medical, financial, tuition reimbursement, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
- Follow work processes closely at school and on the shop floor to ensure a safe environment while job shadowing with technical advisor in OJL
- Communicate and work well within a team environment both in school and in OJL
- Work with technical documentation
- Work with a computer both in school and on the shop floor
- Work with material transfer conveyors
- Understand, identify, locate malfunctions, remove, replace, adjust, and return to service
- Learn PLCs and work with Automation Engineers in a laboratory environment
- Combine electronic, mechanical, computer and control skills at the workplace
- Work with complex high-performance manufacturing systems
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and repair systems to maintain process efficiency
- Analyzes technical specifications of mechatronic systems, subsystems, modules and components
- Perform scheduled, predictive, and preventive maintenance to detect and prevent problems
- Troubleshoot to identify and prevent possible problems and failures and make repairs
- Incorporate relevant technical literature into the understanding of system operation and coordinate efforts with other technicians involved in installing or maintaining equipment or components
- Install, repair, adjust, and test equipment and components to ensure that systems function properly
- Communicate with machine operators and operate equipment to detect equipment problems, analyze malfunctions, and verify system problems
- Observe and incorporate safety standards and regulations required for safe operation of the system
- Work any shift
- Perform all physical duties of a skilled labor associate (i. e. heavy lifting, prolonged standing, bending, twisting, and reaching)
High school or equivalent diploma
Experience in an electrical, mechanical, or controls field
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to obtain the proper resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
- Basic computer knowledge, in working with Microsoft Windows to include: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner. Must be highly self-motivated.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Must be committed to working safely while accomplishing all tasks and promoting a safe work environment at all times.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5 hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5 hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5 hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance)
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
Works in a warehouse that contains moving equipment and machinery.